General/Off topic subforum?

Post about site issues and suggestions here.

would u want off topic and/or general talk (non ft related) subforums?????????????????????

Yes
88%
No
10%
I don't care
3%

Total votes: 40

retrodpc

Re: General/Off topic subforum?

Postby retrodpc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:04 pm

danooct1 wrote:on phpBB you can specify users to be moderators of only a few subforums instead of global moderators who have banning rights and can mod every sub forum. maybe jsr could promote off topic mods for that section as needed if more globals aren't necessary.

I nominate danooct1 and Xyz.
Don't copypasta Quotes

my sondclop

Vinyl Scratch

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 pm

I think this would also be a great way to get to know each other a little better. We only have so much we want to talk about amongst the community.
Check out my Soundcloud for all my music.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:54 am

jaxcheese wrote:"More moderator presence" also sounds like a great idea - can I ask if you guys already have candidates in mind, or what the plan is for that?

We've already started weeding out inactive staff members and adding new people to the crew.

retrodpc wrote:
danooct1 wrote:on phpBB you can specify users to be moderators of only a few subforums instead of global moderators who have banning rights and can mod every sub forum. maybe jsr could promote off topic mods for that section as needed if more globals aren't necessary.

I nominate danooct1 and Xyz.

Thank you for your input, but jsr and I already have candidates in mind and will take care of selecting future staff members ourselves.
Follow me on Twitter.

MovieMovies1

Postby MovieMovies1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:07 am

A general/off-topic subforum definitely gets my support.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:I think this would also be a great way to get to know each other a little better. We only have so much we want to talk about amongst the community.

I agree with them, also the Off-Topic section could be used to make a "Introduce yourself" thread of each of every person in here and if anyone has questions, the OP (Original Poster in this case) can answer them if they want to.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

jsr
Site Admin

Postby jsr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:37 pm

I understand that this is desired, there was discussions regarding this in the past as well.

So I'll consider adding a new section for general talk (for the members here), now when there is working board software installed. But as you mentioned, then it's important that it's used for actual discussion and not as a way to waste time. It'll be on trial.
Famitracker developer

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:03 pm

I think most people here are fairly familiar with the way "General Talk" forums work. Moderators exist to set things straight for those who aren't. It'll be fine.
Follow me on Twitter.

///CH3DD4R/_

Postby ///CH3DD4R/_ » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:49 pm

I certainly would like to have a general talk, but yeah, it needs to not be riddled with trash-threads.
int main() {
}

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:57 pm

It would somewhat take me back to the time when Emulation Collective had a forum. It was primarily a support forum for the vNES emulator, but we had 2 sections for off-topic talk (we had a general discussion board that had nothing to do with the emulator & a forum games/humour board for anyone wanting to tell non-4chan-like jokes or play correspondence games like chess or D&D). I'm sure the regulars up here are mature enough to compose themselves properly; I'm more worried about people trying to join the forum as troll posters. This said, the beauty of this forum is that it's now easier for staff to punish offenders with temporary/permanent bans.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Tromino

Postby Tromino » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:12 pm

This would be gooed.
As angry as Resetti
Without any spaghetti
Poor little boy

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”