Image tag discussion

Post about site issues and suggestions here.
SamW

Re: Image tag discussion

Postby SamW » Sun May 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Not spamming the boards with large images is common sense.

If you play with fire you'll get burned. I'm not really sure why the issue needed to be raised in the first place.
ym2612 extraordinaire, metal & edm producer, professional weeblord, head over heels for harumi

twitter
soundcloud
super famidev

ImATrackMan

Postby ImATrackMan » Mon May 18, 2015 3:24 am

Dr. Merio wrote:images take up a lot of space, especially those bigger than 150x150

I have quite a few 1080p "technicolor" wallpapers that fall under 300k, only one is a megabyte. I mean shit, this obnoxiously adorable concoction of rainbow vomit is 600k

EDIT: I just realized you meant "screen space" and not "drive space". Do carry on.
Slowly working on a thing called "FaMIGA".
I do all hardware recordings including Sunsoft5B, FDS, and MULTICHIP !
>quscx uvngw bebxm xqdyl<

jsr
Site Admin

Postby jsr » Tue May 19, 2015 9:43 pm

I have discussed this with the staff members now, and the decision was to generally allow similar images. Such posts will not be deleted in the future.

However, keep in mind that this is not an image board. Excessive posting of reaction images will not be tolerated. Take the guidelines into consideration when posting, high-quality posts are preferred over many sloppy posts.

Finally, for bandwidth reasons, try not to include large images and GIF animations in posts. Use a link instead in these cases.
Famitracker developer

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”