Chatbox

Post about site issues and suggestions here.
drdevil

Chatbox

Postby drdevil » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:07 am

I know jsr doesn't seem to come here anymore (is he dead or ill? Does anyone know?), but I have a suggestion for the forum: a chatbox.

There is also a chatbox on VGMRips, which inspired me to suggest this here. The chatbox could connect to Famitracker's IRC channel. It would also make communication slightly easier, as you could just click on the chatbox rather than having to open a new page and wait for it to connect (for me connecting is kinda slow, but chatbox makes it more instant). More people would also use the IRC chat if there is a chatbox.
Last edited by drdevil on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioMechanicalDude

Re: Chatbox

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 am

That's a great idea. Not to mention, it'll be easier to talk about random stuff without having to make new threads. Can anyone else make changes to the forum itself, besides jsr? This needs to be made!
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

drdevil

Postby drdevil » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:50 pm

BioMechanicalDude wrote:Can anyone else make changes to the forum itself, besides jsr?

Sadly, not. Not even the four moderators can make changes; only admins can.

Man, I wish Dr. Merio was also an admin, and these requested site features could be added in no time. (He's the only moderator that's consistently active here tbh)

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:59 pm

There is the Discord room that iYamWhatIYam set up.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:49 pm

@MiniMacro: The idea is making an in-site chatbox instead of an external unofficial one, like the several FT chats that have existed to this point. Try to read the threads better before posting please.

Anyway, the only problem I see with this is that, according to jsr (last time I checked), this is supposed to be a support forum rather than a community. I'd welcome such a change if we had an FT community or something, but unfortunately this isn't really the place for that.

If anyone wants to join the #famitracker IRC, go to webchat.esper.net (or use a better IRC client), choose a nickname, and join #famitracker. If you want to join the Discord chat MM mentioned, use this link:

https://discord.gg/0koTtPsApxzf2UKk
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

w7n

Postby w7n » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Dr. Merio wrote:this is supposed to be a support forum rather than a community.

Why do we have the music sections then?
This forum has already become sort of a community as I see, and I myself is fine with this.
Constructing nsf.nesbbs.com with yunzl.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:35 pm

I'm not sure about that to be honest. It's kinda weird how this is supposed to be a support place while we still have sections like the music sharing ones, but if I recall correctly, they were added so people would have a dedicated place to post their music that wasn't the general talk section (that actually happened in the old forums from what I read on really old threads).

I would really like if this was more like a community, or if we had a separate place for that at least.
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:13 pm

Personally, I think that even if this was intended to be a support forum, the members have warped it into a community. Not only do we have sections to post music, we have an off-topic section with various threads ranging from questions to forum games, we make collabs, some competitions here and there. What more do we need to be a community?
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:16 pm

Yeah I understand your point. It would be great if jsr considered this a community too but I'm not sure if he ever will (or if he does already).
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Dr. Merio wrote:according to jsr (last time I checked), this is supposed to be a support forum rather than a community.

Meh, semantic difference ... communities will always (always) spring up around whatever media serves as the primary method of communication between members.

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”