Forum looks all screwy

Post about site issues and suggestions here.
Radnyx

Forum looks all screwy

Postby Radnyx » Tue May 05, 2015 3:17 am

This is basically what the entire forum looks like to me. It must be just me because I don't see how anyone else would be able to navigate this easily.

It didn't look like this at first, so, I dunno what happened. But it's keeping me back at the old forum.

Okay, just went here using Internet Explorer and it looks gorgeous. I think it's a Chrome thing :? Thing is, I'd rather use a not-garbage internet browser.
Any ideas?

Vinyl Scratch

Re: Forum looks all screwy

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Tue May 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Have you checked your plugins to make sure something's not running & causing issues? This site works fine for me on Chrome.
Check out my Soundcloud for all my music.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Tue May 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Also works fine in Mozilla Firefox 37.0.2. I'd definitely try disabling plugins one by one to see if one of them might be the culprit.
Follow me on Twitter.

jsr
Site Admin

Postby jsr » Tue May 05, 2015 5:04 pm

You could try clearing the cache too, but checking your plugins is a good start.
Famitracker developer

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Thu May 07, 2015 12:08 am

I've checked it in Firefox & IE on Windows 8.1; all's working as it should. I never had any faith in Chrome from the start (but that's also because I hate how Google software calls home & how they track users, but I digress).

Like everyone else is saying, you should make sure your plugins are proper & not corrupted; jrlepage has the best method of finding out what plugin's causing this. And to add to jsr's mentioning about clearing your browser cache/history, I would also do the following if you're a Windows user...

1. Open an instance of the Command Prompt (it doesn't matter if you run it as Administrator).
2. Run the command "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes.

It shouldn't matter if you do this before or after clearing your browser's cache & history. There's no guarantee that clearling the browser's cache/history or DNS cache will solve anything, but that's what troubleshooting's all about.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Fri May 08, 2015 12:45 am

I've seen assorted websites load like this from time to time, and from the looks of it it seems a CSS stylesheet didn't transmit, thus while the page content is technically there, it isn't formatted properly for the usual display. Does a hard refresh (Shift+F5 or Ctrl+F5) fix the issue?

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”