requests

Post about site issues and suggestions here.
Turbonaator

requests

Postby Turbonaator » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:37 am

Since cover music and original music are now separated, i feel that there should be a request thread in the cover music section just like there was an instrument thread in the old forums. There, people could request a certain song cover and then trackers would reply.

Overlord99

Re: requests

Postby Overlord99 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:23 am

I think a topic like that could be made in the General Talk section, but I think we should let a mod make that decision.
I'm not very active here anymore. If you'd like to get in contact or listen to my stuff, please feel free to do so here, here, and/or here. Hope to see you there!

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Do you think that the requests thread could also be a thread to host cover contests?
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:22 pm

I actually think that it's a bad idea to have a Cover Request thread.

People tend to do things as they wish to do them; not many want to simply do a cover just because someone requests it (which also explains why any previous requests made in the old forums quickly turned into arguments & got locked).
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/
http://techemporium.vashid.us/

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Turbonaator wrote:i feel that there should be a request thread in the cover music section just like there was an instrument thread in the old forums.

I'm against this idea for the same reasons TechEmporium mentioned. Besides, I don't think we want people coming to these forums just to shamelessly request a cover from us.

Also the instruments thread wasn't a place where people requested stuff. The way I see it is that it was a place where people would post their instruments in order to build a big collection of them, that others could use. I THINK there were a few requests in there, but I can't exactly recall how they turned out.

MiniMacro wrote:Do you think that the requests thread could also be a thread to host cover contests?

Contests don't have any relation with requests, so this doesn't make much sense.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:24 pm

If I remember well, the requests that were made in the Share Your Instruments thread on the old forum were mostly to do with "does anyone have xyz instrument?"

There may have been a couple of song requests, but those were largely ignored.

Other instrument requests were pretty much "do you have instruments by [insert name here]?" But yeah; like you said, the whole instrument thread is about archiving every FamiTracker instrument ever created since the project went public, instead of having to search for composers' modules to rip their instruments for reinsertion into their own works. It's also good because new instruments never introduced through any module are being introduced through that thread.

As for cover requests, here's the main problem, Turbonaator; not many like being asked to do something for some random stranger (especially when it comes to how they'll get paid for their work). That's also a reason why some "talent recruitment" threads made for indie game projects also end up getting locked (because there were some indie game designers in the past who would never come back with any promise of compensation or credit for a musician's work). This ignores the designers who may have had ambitions without any solid proof of concept to attrack any talent.

In other words, it's rare that you'll find people who'll do things for others just for the fun of it (very rare). Most people prefer some payment for their work & any cover request thread made here will either be ignored, or deliberately turn into a troll fest to get it locked.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

TechEmporium wrote: "talent recruitment" threads made for indie game projects also end up getting locked

You mean like mine?
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:25 pm

+1 bad idea. This is a forum for music creators. Having such a section invites the wrong kinda crowd I believe.
Shittily hand-drawn FT logo avatar 4lyfe. Ya'll are cowards for not sticking with it

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:46 am

MiniMacro wrote:You mean like mine?

No; I don't mean like you. The only reason your thread was locked was because you weren't as prepared as people expected you to be (i.e.: no working prototype game without sound & no digitised art). There were others in the earlier forum who'd only beg for people to join their project & make no promises of payment or credit.

There was also one person recently who seemed to have a hard time grasping the definition of copyright infringement (taking a FamiTracker module, changing the names of the instruments & removing the names of the contributors to pass it off as his own work for his own game). Needless to say that his thread got locked & he got banned for violating these composers' copyrights.

See; the world is filled with selfish people who think like it's their right for others to do what they desire, without payment or recognision. Some people who create games don't want to recognise the work of music composers, so they do stupid crap like removing their names from the module. Other people just make it their priority to beg for others to make a cover, without any sort of payment whatsoever (& the mentality that, if composers do their covers for the fun of it, why don't they make a cover for someone else who they don't know, for free).

That's the problem with the whole idea of having cover requests; all you'll have is a tread of self-righteous people whining that nobody makes music for them (without payment,) instead of them taking the initiative to actually learn how to compose music in FamiTracker.

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:49 am

Now, what if we created a "collaboration requests" thread? You post about what the collab will try to accomplish, and wait for someone to pick you up on that request.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”