Will there ever be another DemoCompo?

Post about site issues and suggestions here.
Overlord99

Will there ever be another DemoCompo?

Postby Overlord99 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 pm

I don't think there's been one since 2013, and I think it'd be really fun if we brought those back.
I'm not very active here anymore. If you'd like to get in contact or listen to my stuff, please feel free to do so here, here, and/or here. Hope to see you there!

8BitZtunerYT

Re: Will there ever be another DemoCompo?

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:59 pm

DemoCompo?
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:06 pm

8BitZtunerYT wrote:DemoCompo?

You know those demo songs you get when you download FamiTracker? There were competitions on the old forums to decide which songs were made demo songs. Hence the name "DemoCompo".
I'm not very active here anymore. If you'd like to get in contact or listen to my stuff, please feel free to do so here, here, and/or here. Hope to see you there!

snowolf

Postby snowolf » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:15 pm

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:22 pm

aaaaaaaaahhh
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I myself would like this to be brought back. I had the chance to participate in the last one and it was really fun, especially because the prize is your entry becoming a demo module for FT. There were 7 installments in total.

If for any reason this compo won't be held anymore, perhaps we could do something similar? I think hosting a space for the winner entries within this website would be a cool incentive for people to participate. I was thinking of a stickied thread in each music section, depending on whether the entries are originals or covers, and as more installments are held, more songs get added to those threads. People could comment on them too.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Dr. Merio wrote:I myself would like this to be brought back. I had the chance to participate in the last one and it was really fun, especially because the prize is your entry becoming a demo module for FT. There were 7 installments in total.

If for any reason this compo won't be held anymore, perhaps we could do something similar? I think hosting a space for the winner entries within this website would be a cool incentive for people to participate. I was thinking of a stickied thread in each music section, depending on whether the entries are originals or covers, and as more installments are held, more songs get added to those threads. People could comment on them too.

I think it would be perfect to hold another one right now, with the release of 0.5 seeming to be just around the corner. Perhaps we could hold a DemoCompo 8 to coincide with its release?

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:21 pm

I think that's a good idea. Let's see if the others have anything to say about it...
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:27 pm

With the treatment from users towards jp for backing out of his previous compo, I wouldn't be surprised if he's offput from continuing the series. Regardless, this is an assumption and I think it'd be best to see if he still has interest. At a much later date of course.
Shittily hand-drawn FT logo avatar 4lyfe. Ya'll are cowards for not sticking with it

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Xyz wrote:With the treatment from users towards jp for backing out of his previous compo, I wouldn't be surprised if he's offput from continuing the series. Regardless, this is an assumption and I think it'd be best to see if he still has interest. At a much later date of course.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that... Well, let's hope he's still up for it.

Return to “Site Issues & Suggestions”