Does anyone remember these tunes?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
lamsorz

Does anyone remember these tunes?

Postby lamsorz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:48 pm

While I was cleaning out my old room the other day, I found my old, broken shell of a game system I used to play when I was little. This wasn't an ordinary console, it was much less. It was some cheap bootleg gameboy lookalike that had pre installed games like tetris and snake. Oddly enough, it came with a pair of pants and shirt that I bought from a department store. I remember a bunch of these "clothing games" that I collected and played as a kid, but I've either lost or broken them all. Anyway, I remember the entire soundtrack to one of these systems (there were only like 3 basic sounding tunes) and I recreated them in famitracker. Has anyone else ever heard these songs before? If so, was it from one of those clothing games or something else entirely? I'm really curious, now.
Attachments
Bootleg Shirt Game from Department Store.ftm
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

MiniMacro

Re: Does anyone remember these tunes?

Postby MiniMacro » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I've heard the first one, I think in a POPstation video by ashens.
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am

My local no-name dollar store, something like ten years ago, sold these things by the boxload. They did indeed have "pre installed games like tetris and snake", and the first subsong in your FTM is very similar to the song they would play on power-on. So, that was a bit of a nostalgia rush for me.

I don't remember the other two subsongs, though. I'm pretty sure all of them are poorly-done excerpts of certain classical music pieces, but I don't know which ones...

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:10 pm

I have the game with that music!
I was in a snack store than I found the portable Tetris clone LCD game!
I think it was called スーパーゲーム28 (Super Game 28) and with te Tank game and Break out clone and the rasing clone rith repeats lol!
And it was SHIT...
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!