FamiTracker songs that sound like the C64

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
ollaxe

Re: FamiTracker songs that sound like the C64

Postby ollaxe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:07 pm

DRW wrote:
Threxx wrote:Why are you on the Famitracker support forums if you do not even want to attempt to learn how to use the tracker?

Why do you hire an interior decorator for your apartment if you don't even want to attempt to study interior decoration?
That is a horrible image. Lemme try something that actaully makes sense unlike yours... "Why do you go to a baking club if you do not intend to even attemt to learn how to bake?" I think your answer to that would be "Because I want you guys to get me a recipe for a chocolate chip cookie that contains no cocoa. And it has to taste just like the real thing."

DRW wrote:"Why do you seek help on a programmer's forum if you don't want to learn programming?"
What you're asking of us, and your composer, is extreme to the point where it is pretty much impossible. If we apply this to your example here, it would be like you would want the programmer to make a completely 3-dimensional game for the SNES using no extra graphics chip other than the one built into the console. If you're still determined that it is possible, then you'll have to give it a try yourself, because they've showed you example after example and nothing seems to be sufficient for you.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Alright, composer here. Let's end this now, shall we?

DRW, if you need help with some terms, come to me, okay? I can help you. You really don't need others here on the forum answering questions for you that I can answer myself. I have a fair musical background; and, if some research terms don't make sense to you, I am more than capable of defining those. Use your resources wisely.

And while both sides have some legitimate argument here, I must say: this is really a concern for me. I should be the one asking questions here if I need help. You only need to do the programming and take care of listening-testing. I understand that this is your first NES game, so I feel that this can be forgiven, but in the future, you must let others do their jobs.

I can only hope that these words can end this charade before something big happens.
born to fuck life is a die

she/her

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Okay guys, that's enough of this nonsense. If OP is not willing to learn stuff after 5 pages then I guess this thread is of no use anymore.

Thread locked.

DRW wrote:where's the fun in composing SID music on the SID?

Before leaving this mess, this sentence is the most epic sentence ever and should be immortalized in some way lmfao.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]