Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
User avatar
Highway Man
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:09 am
Contact:

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby Highway Man » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:34 am

Deathro wrote:...I am not surprised by this after seeing such low quality things you do.

Was that last remark REALLY needed? Your point would be just as valid without that last statement. There's no need to be rude.
the artist formerly known as highway guy
now known as pulsebot

8BitZtunerYT
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:20 pm
Location: Somewhere stuck in Winamp

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:16 am

I'd say, Vanilla, 0CC-FT has for me too many effects to get into.

Maybe one day, I'll eventually go my way, and use 0CC-FT.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

User avatar
Sky Yoshi
Posts: 985
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:09 am
Location: Japan Osaka (。-`ω-)
Contact:

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby Sky Yoshi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:18 am

0CC is my favoret!
bit I will keep making musics in 0.5.0 Beta 5 build because this one is official.
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

User avatar
PostApocolyptica
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 4:48 pm
Location: England, United Kingom
Contact:

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby PostApocolyptica » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:48 am

Stratelier wrote:Arp sequences are more powerful but there's no way to invoke them directly....

I believe you have said this before but I have yet to understand what you mean by it. You might be describing a process whereby users can call instrument sequences directly (similar to LSDj's Axx for running specific tables, though tables can contain multiple effects at the same time), but I don't know how you would describe a potential implementation.

To anyone using the 0.5 beta as their main build: The stable build has yet to be released (if it will be at all); beta builds are obviously not as stable as their successors (hence the name), so a user may still be susceptible to fatal bugs, errors, crashes, and the like, to say nothing of the fact that most 0.5 users do not indicate that they have used that build.

As for 0CC-FamiTracker, I have been using it primarily since around 0.2.0, according to my archived RAR's, though I distinctly recall using the original Arp Scheme Mod build of 0.4.2. I never bothered to go past 0.4.2 stable because of the lack of substantial iterations, pointed out to me by another user who also never bothered to do so.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

User avatar
Xyz
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby Xyz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 am

Both.

Arpeggio schemes are the main reason I do use 0CC. If those aren't needed for a project then I just stick to 0.5.0 beta which is what my system defaults .ftm filetypes to
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

JohnLeagsdurg
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby JohnLeagsdurg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Deathro wrote:Honestly, even if you don't want to get into multichips or and of the extra features in 0cc, 0cc-FamiTracker is just extremely superior. For a ridiculous number of reasons:

1) Constant updates
2) Less restrictions to simple unnecessary things like the number of frames
3) N163 with DPCM imports and instrument bits up to 128, LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING!?
4) CONSTANT UPDATES

Seroiusly, within the time that jsr has been in 0.5 beta, 0CC has had so many updates I cannot even count them. And they're updates that actually improve performance. Honestly, if you're too ignorant to at least look at 0cc you're comlpetely missing out. The only downside is that sometimes there may be bugs due to the amount of features and updates made, but nevertheless at least he's releasing updates constantly. And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even like HertzDevil that much myself.

Really, just have both of them. FamiTracker, modded or not, is a good-ass program, but 0cc does improve its features far more than jsr would ever plan to. Just do whatever, depending on what you're aiming for.

MiniMacro wrote:I prefer regular FT because I don't need, nor have ever needed, any of the extra features.


...I am not surprised by this after seeing such low quality things you do.


I am bad at adjusting compatibilies, so i might use the official version.

User avatar
MiniMacro
Posts: 932
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 pm
Location: Trapped in a 2A03

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby MiniMacro » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Deathro wrote:...I am not surprised by this after seeing such low quality things you do.


wow thanks man i feel so motivated
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Roflo
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 3:51 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby Roflo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Calm down dudes, the MM hype is over ;)
For my part, the official build is enough for me. I haven't looked at 0cc that much, nevertheless it just contains thinks I will never need (also because I'm not using ft that often anymore).

User avatar
iYamWhatIYam
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:59 pm

Deathro made a good point. 0CC has some kickass stuff built into it, and plenty of updates too, but at the moment, I won't utilize it. In the future, I'll give it a go.
born to fuck life is a die

she/her

JohnLeagsdurg
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Normal Famitracker or 0CC-FamiTracker?

Postby JohnLeagsdurg » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Dang, you guys really quite suggest 0CC is powerful than the normal's...