Version 0.5 preview

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
HertzDevil

Re: Version 0.5 preview

Postby HertzDevil » Sun May 24, 2015 11:45 am

This is the correct behaviour for the VRC6 sawtooth.

Anyway, in previous versions the instrument sequence editor shows the current cursor position and the value of that term, as in:
Where did the {5, 6} go in the beta?

Sequences of size 253 do not work properly in exported NSFs since FamiTracker 0.4.0 when the arpeggio modes were introduced; indirect indexing fails at the last byte of the sequence so the last term is always 0xFD. FamiTracker should remove the 253rd term from all sequences when loading a FTM file.

EDIT: The effect state for Qxy and Rxy should use (m_iPortaSpeed >> 1), m_iNote instead of m_iPortaSpeed, m_iPortaTo.

The absolute pitch sequence overrides the fixed arpeggio sequence. In other words, the fixed part no longer needs to begin at the first frame of the instrument, as shown in the attached FTM. I do not know if this is an intended behaviour, since the pitch offset should be applied after acquiring the fixed note; otherwise the fixed arpeggio sequence should use a special constant like -1 to indicate that the instrument uses the current note from the pattern data (so every fixed sequence of the form {x} becomes equivalent to {x | -1}).
Attachments
fixed.ftm
(514 Bytes) Downloaded 96 times
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 pm

Is it normal that the instant meter does not work with the chips 5B and VRC7?
When the default mode (slow) is activated, the meters work fine, but when set to fast, they stay blank.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Sun May 24, 2015 3:14 pm

HertzDevil wrote:This is the correct behaviour for the VRC6 sawtooth.

Oh, okay, I didn't know that... Thanks! :)
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

womo

Postby womo » Sun May 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Wow this is damn good! I only make a small suggestion, could you make all the single-selectable menu to a radio button menu instead of a checkmark menu? There are still many left.

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Sun May 24, 2015 8:29 pm

The period registers of the 5B channels should be 1 greater than actual value to match the frequency formula of the 2A03 / MMC5 / VRC6 channels (which increment the period by 1 before performing the clock division).
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sun May 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Tried running the build on Windows XP and it gave me a "This is not a valid Win32 application" error. Does that mean WinXP and other 32-bit versions of Windows will not be supported, or is this just because it's a beta and you will add Win32 implementation later?
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

Vinyl Scratch

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Another problem nobody seems to have pointed out yet: Right-clicking the icon on the taskbar does nothing (at least in Windows 7). In previous versions, it would bring up a small window where you could close the application, pin it to the taskbar, open recent modules, etc.
Check out my Soundcloud for all my music.

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Sun May 24, 2015 9:25 pm

BioMechanicalDude wrote:Tried running the build on Windows XP and it gave me a "This is not a valid Win32 application" error. Does that mean WinXP and other 32-bit versions of Windows will not be supported, or is this just because it's a beta and you will add Win32 implementation later?

FamiTracker was always Win32 and will be, I use my parents pc with 32-Bit Windows 7 installed and it runs fine.
slowly ceasing to exist.
-retrodpc, 2015

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 pm

FamiTracker was always Win32 and will be, I use my parents pc with 32-Bit Windows 7 installed and it runs fine.

Well now at I least know it's 32-bit. I still wonder, though, why it doesn't work on WinXP? And, yes, I know a good solution would be to upgrade to Windows 7, but unfortunately I don't have enough RAM to run it well enough. :( Besides, a lot of people still use XP, so it would be nice, if someone can figure out what's wrong. Thanks.
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Sun May 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I will test it for you in a VM if it works or not, if it doesn't then it's officially a bug I guess.
slowly ceasing to exist.
-retrodpc, 2015

Return to “General Talk”