Version 0.5 preview

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Dr. Merio

Re: Version 0.5 preview

Postby Dr. Merio » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:42 pm

The ultimate solution would be to make it configurable, just like the note cut and note release keys already are.

That way, users can decide which key suits them best.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

jsr
Site Admin

Postby jsr » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 pm

That is possible, but the reason cut and release are customizable is because there is much less free keys for the note/octave column, as well as different keyboard layouts having different key codes for the non-letter keys. The instrument column doesn't have that problem so I hoped it could be solved with one single common key.
Famitracker developer

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 pm

Even then, I think making it customizable would be better because it allows for users to choose what's the most suitable key for that function. Maybe someone would be more comfortable assigning it to another key, like |, just to give an example.
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

TheMudkipMaster12

Postby TheMudkipMaster12 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:06 am

Well, I already found a bug. Trying to play 400hz or 1000hz FTMs at speeds 3, 2, and 1 are significantly slower than they should be. The timer in the bottom right is also slower, so it could be lag? Anyway, I don't know if it is because I'm on XP or not, but it's a strange bug.
Attachments
Sunstar 400hz.ftm
(37.28 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
"It's funny because cool, means cold." -Savestate, Feb. 17, 2016

HI IM KIPPTUNE AND THIS IS MY OLD ACCOUNT LOL

CaptainSwag101

Postby CaptainSwag101 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:16 am

I fixed the playback speed issue by changing the playback rate to "Default NSF Rate" because it's on "Custom NSF Rate" by default for some reason, but then the audio goes all wonky in the song you just posted, so I don't know what to do about that.

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:19 am

Has anyone else noticed a nasty delay bug that occurs mostly when playing VRC7 and S5B songs? It seems to have gotten worse in the newest version. Try playing any song with the aforementioned expansions on both 0.4.6 and 0.5 beta and you may notice this happening.
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:26 pm

I may report again that the Fast Meter decay does not work on SN5B and VRC7, also the horrible delay that Merio mentioned is only worse now, this makes using the 5B completely useless until this issue is fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi0jelxuwufoi ... a.ftm?dl=0 5B issue related

Also I can confirm Mudkips bug report too: https://www.dropbox.com/s/71aw4oxihbp4q ... a.ftm?dl=0

Edit: Can the Frame Font be customized?
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 pm

Can ANYONE confirm that Wave export in the SN5B and VRC7 are also affected by the delay issue? I can't do that right now (it's 2339 here, writing from phone) since I have school soon and cant just use the parents pc.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 pm

I do not know if this is the delay bug, but I noticed a few things while using the 5B:
  • The three 5B channels often desynchronize, so that notes on the same tick are no longer played simultaneously;
  • Upon initializing the 5B sound output, the first few ticks are inaudible;
  • The 5B has a fixed refresh rate of 60 Hz, so that a 0C0 arpeggio completely breaks down at high refresh rates such as 119 Hz (1-second arpeggio) or 120 Hz (no arpeggio at all). (The VRC7 also has this issue, so I believe this might actually be the delay bug.)
Honestly speaking, with both NEZPlug++, NSFPlay, and multiple other players being actively maintained, I don't understand why FamiTracker still uses sound libraries for VRC7 and 5B that have not been updated since 2004.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

jsr
Site Admin

Postby jsr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:02 pm

TheMudkipMaster12 wrote:Well, I already found a bug. Trying to play 400hz or 1000hz FTMs at speeds 3, 2, and 1 are significantly slower than they should be. The timer in the bottom right is also slower, so it could be lag? Anyway, I don't know if it is because I'm on XP or not, but it's a strange bug.

Yeah it's running slower than it should, this was caused by some recent changes in the speed calculation. I've made a fix.

Dr. Merio wrote:Has anyone else noticed a nasty delay bug that occurs mostly when playing VRC7 and S5B songs? It seems to have gotten worse in the newest version. Try playing any song with the aforementioned expansions on both 0.4.6 and 0.5 beta and you may notice this happening.

I've checked it now and indeed there was some audio synchronization problems related to these chips. I've uploaded another build to the first post, it should work better now.
There's also a fix for the VRC6 problem you reported here.
Famitracker developer

Return to “General Talk”