* Sunsoft 5B (YM2149) support, this is a chip with three square wave channels + a shared noise & envelope generator. Support should be complete but there might still be some bugs or room for improvements. This was a well used chip so I recommend reading some of the existing documentation if you're unfamiliar with it.
The instrument editor supports combined macros for noise pitch (32 levels) & wave type (T = square tone, N = noise). A few new effects has been assigned for this chip:
- HXY - Envelope setting, where X = Speed (0 for manual speed, >0 for auto speed), Y = Envelope shape (0 to disable). (Check YM2149 documentation for envelope shapes)
- IXX - Manual envelope speed, high part of the 16-bit envelope speed register.
- JXX - Manual envelope speed, low part of the 16-bit envelope speed register.
- VXX - Channel wave mode: 00 = silent, 01 = tone mode, 02 = noise mode, 03 tone + noise.
- WXX - Noise pitch, range: 00 - 1F.
- HXX - Select register (Slot 0 - 7)
- IXX - Write value to register
* Added support for changing pitch without retriggering the instrument. Use the note cut key in the instrument column to insert commands for doing that.
* NSF playback speed control in NSF (1 MHz) ticks instead of integer Hz rate, this allows a larger range of stable tempos. There's a also a setting for using the NES native video rate.
* Support for full 64 steps VRC6 sawtooth volume macros.
* Added option for automatic wave position in Namco instruments. This will limit the size of the wave depending on the number of channels used.
* Added period table retuning support.
There's still a couple of more things (features & bug fixes, a few VRC7 bugs are remaining for example) I'd want to get done before the stable release, but I think the features up to now should be usable. Let me know if you find any bugs.
Changelog beta 5
- Fixed 2a03 period table when exporting sunsoft NSFs
- Rewrote the YM2149 emulator to utilize blip_buffer.
- Fixed YM2149 period table being off by one.
- Fixed the FDS wave not being updated properly when changing instruments.
- Changed N163 instrument editor and increased the max allowed wave size.
- Fixed a few pattern editor cursor bugs.
- Prevented DPCM editor crash.
- Fixed volume meter fast decay mode for Sunsoft and VRC7 channels.
- Re-enabled VRC7 patch effect (Vxx) & fixed a couple of H/I bugs
- Added load/save theme buttons to appearance window
- Fixed a few NSF export issues (relative arpeggio, Namco wave command)