Version 0.5 preview

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
8BitZtunerYT

Re: Version 0.5 preview

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Wed May 25, 2016 11:28 am

maybe jsr has been plotting this.

maybe jsr is tired of famitracker itself

where is 0.5 source code
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

Sky Yoshi

Postby Sky Yoshi » Wed May 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Maybe JSR is DEAD Resting from the creation.
Or having Trouble with Connectiong Problems with the Internet
PC Broken? In Desises?
IDK People has their Jobs and Stuffs.
I don't care about his inactivity.
I do care about FamiTracker though.
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Wed May 25, 2016 8:14 pm

You know what I'm wondering? Why don't JSR and Hertzdevil join forces? I know they're on pretty bad terms and I kinda know what happened (don't know the full story), but the past is the past. They should forgive each other and make the ultimate Famitracker. I mean, JSR doesn't include most of the cool features 0CC has. Imagine Vanilla Famitracker with those. Who's with me?
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!
You can check out my YouTube Channel.
You can also follow me on Twitter.

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Wed May 25, 2016 9:30 pm

BioMechanicalDude wrote:You know what I'm wondering? Why don't JSR and Hertzdevil join forces? I know they're on pretty bad terms and I kinda know what happened (don't know the full story), but the past is the past. They should forgive each other and make the ultimate Famitracker. I mean, JSR doesn't include most of the cool features 0CC has. Imagine Vanilla Famitracker with those. Who's with me?

Because 0CC-FamiTracker tries in every way to be a superset of FamiTracker (hence most Exciting_Changes cannot happen there, because they require either incompatible modifications to the file format, or illogical / interdependent file blocks that are difficult to manipulate from a technical viewpoint), it will not be much different if 0.5.0 is eventually released and only the new features were ported to 0CC-FT.

Also, every time 0CC-FamiTracker is being refactored, it becomes more difficult for the official branch to adapt any of the features in 0CC-FT. The result is that it will be merged by 0CC-FT and not the other way round.
Last edited by HertzDevil on Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Constructing Chiptune; Construing 8-Bit. Makes 0CC-FamiTracker and MEGA ZUN.

Join my forum for 0CC-FamiTracker discussion and more

Raijin

Postby Raijin » Wed May 25, 2016 9:34 pm

It is my belief that jsr has gone away for some time because of the community since the mess that happened in the Deflemask thread last year, because he has been gone ever since then. That mess has been cleaned up since then though, and I was involved in that, but Delek and myself are on good terms now (I hope).

I hear some people say he has given up on Famitracker completely, but personally, I don't think that's the case. I think he just needs some time to himself, and he is probably busy doing other things, because he seems to still be around in the IRC channel. You never know though.

TheMudkipMaster12

Postby TheMudkipMaster12 » Thu May 26, 2016 4:43 am

No, jsr has a job he's busy with. It's been confirmed in an email he sent.
"It's funny because cool, means cold." -Savestate, Feb. 17, 2016

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sat May 28, 2016 7:30 pm

Raijin wrote:It is my belief that jsr has gone away for some time because of the community since the mess that happened in the Deflemask thread last year, because he has been gone ever since then.

Can someone tell me what happened? I seem to have missed this thread.
Greetings! I'm That Bio Mechanical Dude and I like creating various stuff like movies, games and of course chiptunes!

drdevil

Postby drdevil » Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 pm

BMD - see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=74

Also, I believe that while jsr is busy with his job (as has been confirmed), Raijin's theory must be correct to a certain extent. His post in the Deflemask was his last post. He also last visited in January, back when people were complaining about shitposting, so that may have also put him off from returning. Surely, if he has a job, he would have some spare time to work on Famitracker.

Speaking of this, I wonder why Dr. Merio doesn't come here anymore...

Raijin

Postby Raijin » Sat May 28, 2016 8:54 pm

BioMechanicalDude wrote:
Raijin wrote:It is my belief that jsr has gone away for some time because of the community since the mess that happened in the Deflemask thread last year, because he has been gone ever since then.

Can someone tell me what happened? I seem to have missed this thread.

Well, a quick explanation would be, Delek opened the Deflemask thread and people started saying negative things. Then Delek went to jsr and asked him to remove the negative posts and to stay on topic, so then myself and a bunch of others posted their thoughts and I started suggesting improvements to Deflemask, as well as others. Delek eventually started having an attitude, and then others once again shot back at his attitude. Delek eventually called the FT community toxic and stopped posting, and requested to jsr to close the thread.

After awhile, Delek messaged me here saying he took my advice after all and started improving Deflemasks UI, and so again, I started helping him with further improvements and bug finding, and the mess has been resolved, and him and me have been on good terms. He has been saying something lately, that there is a lot of negativity in the chiptune community, so we should all just chill and get along. I agree with that.
Anyway, you can still see the thread in the off topic section if you want to read everything.

BioMechanicalDude

Postby BioMechanicalDude » Sun May 29, 2016 7:41 pm

I see... Well, I agree that Deflemask's interface is somewhat clunky (otherwise I would've been more interested in using it to make musicGenesis, PC Engine and the other systems it supports). Hopefully the improvements he makes to the UI are significant enough (even though he seems to like this type of UI, so I don't know if that would happen).

So... If jsr is really not going to return, what do we do? I would say we make 0CC official or at least supported by the forums, but you never knoif jsr won't pop up at some point. And once he sees what we have done, we can be sure that he'll quit the Famitracker project.

Also... where is Dr. Merio? He was around a few weeks ago, I think...

Return to “General Talk”