FamiTracker for other OS?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
meinerHeld

Re: FamiTracker for other OS?

Postby meinerHeld » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:21 pm

snowolf wrote:Famitracker runs fine with wine on any linux distribution, just be sure to increase the buffer size if you have any sound related problem during playback.

First post! I love love love FamiTracker and all of you. I used it for a couple years on Windows. Once I changed to a gnu/linux OS (Crunchbang), it worked fine on Wine for awhile (maybe it was an earlier version of FT?), but now I try and I get a "bad EXE format" error in wine.

? Helps

snowolf

Postby snowolf » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:55 pm

meinerHeld wrote:
snowolf wrote:Famitracker runs fine with wine on any linux distribution, just be sure to increase the buffer size if you have any sound related problem during playback.

First post! I love love love FamiTracker and all of you. I used it for a couple years on Windows. Once I changed to a gnu/linux OS (Crunchbang), it worked fine on Wine for awhile (maybe it was an earlier version of FT?), but now I try and I get a "bad EXE format" error in wine.

? Helps

FT 4.6, 5.0 and 0CC are working fine on ubuntu, I downloaded wine in the official repository. Try to purge your packet (apt-get purge or aptitude purge depending on your distribution).

Virus

Postby Virus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Sky Yoshi wrote:I wanna run FT with Mac, and Ubuntsu.
You know why? I have no PC other than that that can use Internet.
Well, my PCs are really slow and I still can't run Discord, and go to Twitter, Facebook, deviantART, and this forum.
I don't know that I can run FamiTracker but...

I have used Famitracker on Linux with Wine. It works pretty well but you can't save your progress.
Working on an 8-bit cover of Scenes from a Memory. 8/12 songs finished.
Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuZTYgtqCBtWXOPimThjb94w4a1mPoZwZ

meinerHeld

Postby meinerHeld » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:32 am

snowolf wrote:
meinerHeld wrote:

? Helps

FT 4.6, 5.0 and 0CC are working fine on ubuntu, I downloaded wine in the official repository. Try to purge your packet (apt-get purge or aptitude purge depending on your distribution).

I got it working. But thanks so much for the reply!

cpow

Postby cpow » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:26 am

I [again] apologize for the bump, but I just recently put up released binaries of Qt FamiTracker for Windows, Linux, and OSX.

https://knob.phreneticappsllc.com/nesicide/index.htm

For Linux/OSX you can download just Qt FamiTracker or all of the packages. For Windows, you get all-in-one NESICIDE, Qt FamiTracker, Qt FamiPlayer (my WinAmp-style player), and NES Emulator.

I also just remembered I have that WinAmp FTM plugin. I'll build that and put that up too.

I'm doing this in hopes I can get some of ya'lls help in testing and providing feedback RE crashes, inconsistencies with the original Windows MFC version of FamiTracker, and etc. I think a roadblock in the past has been the availability of a binary for you to just download and use. Well, now it is here.

I'd offer some kind of incentive for your help...but my pockets are full of nothing but lint. :|

Thanks!

djmaximum

Postby djmaximum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 am

No 32 bit versions :-(
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

cpow

Postby cpow » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:34 pm

djmaximum wrote:No 32 bit versions :-(

As it turns out, the Windows kit I'd installed is 32-bit. SO, the Windows version is 32-bit.
If you need 32-bit Linux or OSX, those I'm looking into.

djmaximum

Postby djmaximum » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:56 pm

cpow wrote:
djmaximum wrote:No 32 bit versions :-(

As it turns out, the Windows kit I'd installed is 32-bit. SO, the Windows version is 32-bit.
If you need 32-bit Linux or OSX, those I'm looking into.

I am hoping for a 32 bit OS X billed (OS X 10.6 or later) I've been running FamiTracker in wine for the past 7 years.
Other places where you can find my music.
my chiptune up
my chipmusic
my BOTB

Return to “General Talk”