Do you customize your FamiTracker hotkeys?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
HertzDevil

Do you customize your FamiTracker hotkeys?

Postby HertzDevil » Tue May 26, 2015 5:59 pm

What the topic asks: do you customize your FamiTracker hotkeys? There are certainly people who change them to match the hotkeys of other trackers without configurable hotkeys, or simply speed up inputting certain frequently used command combinations. Here are some that I use:

• Decrease/increase octave: [, ]
    Decrease/increase pattern: -, =
    Decrease/increase step size: Ctrl + -, Ctrl + =
    Sometimes I could only have access to FamiTracker on computers without a numpad at all, so I have to reassign these hotkeys to the right hand side of the character keys.
  • Go to previous/next frame: Alt + Up, Alt + Down
    Move one step up/down: Ctrl + Up, Ctrl + Down
    Previous/next instrument: Ctrl + Left, Ctrl + right
    Because Alt + Left/Right (move to previous/next channel, preserving cursor column) cannot be reassigned, a chain of reassignments are done to have Alt + Arrow keys move quickly across the frame editor.
  • Toggle edit mode: Ctrl + Space
    Stop: Space
    Firstly this prevents myself from carelessly enabling edit mode and modifying the current FTM; secondly for instrument sequences that contain a release part and do not end with zero, releasing the note key will not eventually silence the playing note, and using Space is much more convenient than F8.
  • Paste and mix: Shift + Ctrl + V
    Don't feel like using any character other than V to perform paste operations (default Ctrl + M).
    Paste and overwrite: Ctrl + Alt + V
    Although 0CC-FamiTracker distinguishes between Mix and Overwrite, what even happened to this hotkey (Ctrl + B) as stated in the help file? It also coincides with the default hotkey for 0.5.0 beta's bookmark command.
Share your non-default hotkey bindings below.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Roflo

Re: Do you customize your FamiTracker hotkeys?

Postby Roflo » Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Ctrl+ +/- to change current octave, # for note release and ^ for note cut.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Wed May 27, 2015 1:00 am

Two of the ones I use (in fact the first ones I assign) are - for note cut and = for note release. Also, since my laptop doesn't have a numpad I use [ and ] for adjusting the current octave. Ctrl+= and Ctrl+- for transposing by octave (with Ctrl+Alt+same for transposing by note).

One thing I really want to UN-map, though, is Ctrl+Fkeys for setting the current octave directly (e.g. Ctrl+F2 for octave 0). My laptop's keyboard has the function row do double duty (i.e. adjust screen brightness, volume control, wireless on/off, etc.) and the default BIOS setting requires you to hit a proprietary "Fn" key to use the F keys as F keys. (It's also necessary for keying in Home/End/Page Up/Down.) Said Fn key is located, inconveniently enough, next to the left Ctrl key, which means several times where instead of keying an F8, I end up setting my current octave to 6. Boo.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:51 am

; for note cuts, but that's it.

MrKyurem

Postby MrKyurem » Wed May 27, 2015 12:17 pm

The only ones I've changed is raise and lower octave to # and ', respectively.

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Wed May 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Note cuts get assigned to \, and note releases to ` (tilde).

Otherwise, nope. The rest of the defaults work for me without fuss.

Return to “General Talk”