Collaborative Videogame OST Cover Project (VOTE for the person who will be in charge!)

General discussion about tracking, help and support.

Who should be in charge of the Collaborative Videogame OST Cover Project?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:36 pm

recme
69%
Scooblee
23%
Amilgi
8%

Total votes: 13

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Re: Idea: Collaborative Videogame OST Cover Project

Postby jrlepage » Fri May 29, 2015 8:31 pm

Now isn't the time to submit soundtracks guys. I just wanna hear whether you think it's a good idea or not. A new thread will be created when it's time to submit ideas.
Follow me on Twitter.

MiniMacro

Postby MiniMacro » Fri May 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Oh. In that case, yes! This is an awesome idea! : )
wow this is total BS
mmsound.bandcamp.com
you can see my beautiful music there~

Scooblee

Postby Scooblee » Fri May 29, 2015 9:36 pm

I was thinking maybe an RPG soundtrack of some kind; something that has a large selection of varied types of songs, fitting for various types of musical stylings. Chrono Trigger has already been suggested, so I'll throw out Final Fantasy 4, 5, & 6 and/or maybe some of the Mario RPGs (I was thinking Legend of the Seven Stars, M&L: Superstar Saga, and maybe Partners in Time. (Making special note to PiT because I'm currently playing through it for the first time in probably 4 years and I have to say it is sooooo gooooood)

Another idea I was thinking about as I was rummaging through my SPCs folder: how about the Mega Man X games? Not sure how much interest there is in the X series, but I figured I'd put that up for discussion as well.

I feel like I might add onto this list as the day goes on, heh.

Edit: Sorry, just saw the message you just posted (I swear that wasn't there when I started typing...) and if this wasn't enough, I'd say I'm interested in the idea.
Just another guy who does the chiptunes.
Links to my stuff: YouTube | Soundcloud | Twitter

recme

Postby recme » Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 pm

i like the idea. my originals arent really groundbreaking, so i'd enjoy doing something like this.

i know you said not to submit ideas, but i'm still gonna list some anyways :>

soundtracks i'd like to cover are the mother 2 soundtrack, cave story soundtrack, (i dont care how much it has been done, still my favorite <3) and kirby's adventure soundtrack.

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Sat May 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Why not a cover of the Super NES game Secret Of The Stars? It's a pretty decent RPG & the soundtrack itself has some pretty nifty effects. I also have the SPC files for the game & they're easily found on Zophar's Domain (plus it's a good excuse to test the new FamiTracker 0.5 release).

What I don't understand, though, is how many people would go into a thread for an originals contest, only to say "my skills aren't up to par for this." I mean; why even say that at all, instead of practicing more & coming back to the thread later (or even starting their own thread)?
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Ultrabyte

Postby Ultrabyte » Sat May 30, 2015 11:56 pm

I think Axelay would be pretty cool, remade with the N163 expansion.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Sun May 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Again: don't waste your time submitting your soundtrack ideas now. There will be a thread specifically for that in due time, and you'll have to do it all over again.

TechEmporium wrote:What I don't understand, though, is how many people would go into a thread for an originals contest, only to say "my skills aren't up to par for this." I mean; why even say that at all, instead of practicing more & coming back to the thread later (or even starting their own thread)?

I guess they're doing it to show they'd be interested to be part of something like that, but they don't feel like they'd be competitive. I created this thread in response to that, and so far it seems to be successful in meeting those people's needs, as far as giving them a chance to be part of something. Who am I to force anyone to practise at something they either don't feel like doing or have no time to practise for?
Follow me on Twitter.

TechEmporium

Postby TechEmporium » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:40 am

I see your point. I also think that it's because many newer people seem intimidated over the fact that there are others with varying degrees of skills (some who are pros) & they feel they can't really compete with them. It's a shame, though.

In any case, I'm also making a basic cover of a song for a GameGear game; hopefully I'll have time to contribute some stuff once the game we're going to cover here is all planned out.
Technology: the one thing that's hated & cursed at by all engineers, technologists, scientists & technicians!
(Lousy modern technology!)

http://techemporium.bananabo.xyz/

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 am

TechEmporium wrote:I see your point. I also think that it's because many newer people seem intimidated over the fact that there are others with varying degrees of skills (some who are pros) & they feel they can't really compete with them. It's a shame, though.

It's quite normal to feel like that, but for anyone who is reading this, don't let that discourage you! People who are pros also had to start somewhere, and they acquired such skills with practice, which is something anyone can do with enough dedication. In the case of the competition thread, don't be afraid to lose, because even then you'll win something, and that is experience.

Anyway, I'm not interested in joining this project, but I definitely want to see what comes out of it. This is a really good idea.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:42 am

Alright, I see that there is definitely an interest for this. Next step would be to decide who is in charge. Any volunteers?
Follow me on Twitter.

Return to “General Talk”