Post your first Famitracker music you've ever created here. Either original or cover

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
davidlikescheese1000

Post your first Famitracker music you've ever created here. Either original or cover

Postby davidlikescheese1000 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:32 am

Mine was Paper Mario - Goomba Road for NES (i lied. it was MMC5. I got that from my youtube video)

Take a look at it if you have to

It's kinda embarrassing to watch, but it was my first shot to the famitracker industry. ok?
Attachments
Paper mario goomba road.ftm
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

SableGuy

Re: Post your first Famitracker music you've ever created here. Either original or cover

Postby SableGuy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:36 am

Oh boy. My first was a cover of Talking In Your Sleep by The Romantics. I don't have the file anymore since I got another computer but I can link whoever wants to see it to my video of it on YouTube I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgU39wVqr6M

I didn't even understand how to make drums, like with the whole volume thing. I didn't understand how the instrument editor even worked. Also, I didn't know how to stop notes, so I would make second instruments with the volume set to zero (the only thing I could do with the editor) to stop the notes instead of, you know, just pressing 1 lol
If you like my music, I post it and random mashups and stuff on my youtube, which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJsr6s ... XyzH9UEuog

MagicSpider

Re: Post your first Famitracker music you've ever created here. Either original or cover

Postby MagicSpider » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:47 am

My first music 'Mission' was a boss battle theme, very repetitive. The frame 00 is a test, the music begins at 01. And my very very first melody 'Jetpack' is deleted, but I made two covers.
Attachments
Jetpack R III.ftm
Jetpack R II is deleted, too.
(12.88 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Megaman Theta - Jetpack 'R'.ftm
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Megaman Theta - Mission (boss fight).ftm
My first finished music.
(13.16 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

ZeroJanitor

Postby ZeroJanitor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:28 am

My actual first song was actually an extensive edit of someone else's FTM (it was moviemovies1's Bridge Zone cover) so I don't know if that even counts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtN40kxlXPg This however, is my first original composition (and second thing made in Famitracker overall), so it's all me

davidlikescheese1000

Postby davidlikescheese1000 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:59 pm

ZeroJanitor wrote:My actual first song was actually an extensive edit of someone else's FTM (it was moviemovies1's Bridge Zone cover) so I don't know if that even counts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtN40kxlXPg This however, is my first original composition (and second thing made in Famitracker overall), so it's all me

that still counts. I remember I was fiddling around with dannoct1's FTM's.

Doc2211

Postby Doc2211 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:11 am

I made this song before I joined the forum, and I wanted people to hear it. Because the song seemed short, I changed the speed to 8 when it's supposed to be at 6,
Attachments
Melodies and Sound Effects.ftm
(42.48 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering.

soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/soundsync5000

davidlikescheese1000

Postby davidlikescheese1000 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 am

Doc2211 wrote:I made this song before I joined the forum, and I wanted people to hear it. Because the song seemed short, I changed the speed to 8 when it's supposed to be at 6,

It sounds like traffic.

like pixilated traffic. in the 8 bit era. That's what it sounds like to me.

AND I LIKE IT :D

bidy2014@web.de

Postby bidy2014@web.de » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:41 am

The first thing i ever did. Really.
Attachments
stealing.ftm
Nothing to say about this.
(5.7 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
"I'm...wierd." - describing myself, November 2018
Oh and if you're bored you can send something to this:
[URL] B14music@web.de

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:08 am

This was my first go at Famitracker from three years ago. I knew NOTHING about music whatsoever at the time(Still a novice now, but baby steps I guess). Since I didn't know you could input notes with non-number keys, transpose them or change octaves, I was stuck with the pentatonic scale. This was probably a good thing, since it gave me less of a chance for me to ruin the piece. The DPCM on this one was added much later as a test, since it took me an additional half-year after finding Famitracker to learn about DPCM... :oops: I also didn't know about Cxx or patterns, so the song just loops over and over again. With that textwall out of the way, enjoy the song!
Attachments
First Song.ftm
(9.16 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

DevEd

Postby DevEd » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:56 am

The first thing I ever made with FamiTracker was a cover of Splash Hill Zone from Sonic 4. In a surprising twist, I personally DON'T think it's absolute shit, despite the fact that I made it way back in 2013.(Attached as splash_hill.ftm)

Apparently the first ORIGINAL song I made was this... thing... which i laughingly called a "boss battle theme." I have absolutely no idea what the fuck I was trying to accomplish with the first pulse channel, so don't ask. I didn't even remember I made it until I searched the old forums for my oldest modules.

[insert speech about how much I've improved even though i don't even use FamiTracker that much anymore here]
Attachments
bossbattle.ftm
(17.58 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
splash_hill.ftm
(12.83 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Return to “General Talk”