Fade out/in effect not working?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Steve

Re: Fade out/in effect not working?

Postby Steve » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 pm

No need to get so pissed off about a simple mistake on my part. I thought I included an example of the effect not working in my first upload of the file, but clearly I must've made an error. When I said that, in my post including the second upload, I said "as of now" meaning "IN THIS UPLOAD". I didn't have the intentions of uploading the first file without the actual effect.

Anyway, the fade effects worked fine for me after downloading the file. I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:11 am

Well... unless we can see firsthand how you're actually using the effect, all we can do is guess at conceptual answers. Like:

- Remember that volume fade affects channel volume not output volume. If you're trying to fade-in an instrument whose sustain volume isn't F, (e.g. you do have an instrument with a volume curve that caps at A), you can't make it fade-in any louder than what the volume curve says. A general rule of thumb is an instrument's volume curve should use the full range of 0 to F.
- Volume fade (unlike pitchbend) does not 'reset' upon each new note. So if you're using it for more than one note at a time, you may need to manually specify the starting volume for each note.

Steve

Postby Steve » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:17 am

Okay, what the actual-

Let's just forget about this whole thread. I just tried the fade effect and it worked. No idea why that's been happening, but whatever.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Steve wrote:I just tried the fade effect and it worked. No idea why that's been happening, but whatever.

And were you basically just doing the same thing as before except now it works?

That's the worst kind of problem to have -- where it just seems to appear and disappear for no apparent reason.

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Yeah, at least it's all sorted out now.

Return to “General Talk”