Songs That Don't Get Enough Attention

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
VGAGuy

Songs That Don't Get Enough Attention

Postby VGAGuy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:08 am

I have always wanted someone to cover the Sly Cooper series' music but only one person has done anything like that(that I could find, at least).
Other games that have some neat music but aren't covered seem to pop up every so often(Crazy Machines 2 being a small example for me).

I can't cover most of them because most of the time I don't have the notes and I'm not that great at composing music(yet).

Are there any songs that you think get overlooked?
Last edited by VGAGuy on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz

Re: Songs That Don't Get Enough Attention

Postby Xyz » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:47 am

I would try finding out if those games don't use streamed music and instead use the PS2's sampler. Then you may be able to find a soundtrack rip and find a specialty player for it that might have the ability to mute channels.

For older systems, this is a much easier process for people who are bad at transcribing by ear. Worth a shot to see if it's possible with these PS2 games.
Shittily hand-drawn FT logo avatar 4lyfe. Ya'll are cowards for not sticking with it

VGAGuy

Postby VGAGuy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:06 am

The First sly cooper game used sequenced music but the later ones used streamed music I don't know how to rip the games music tracks, you would have to scan the disk and not any specific file because to main file in Sly 1 is hidden.
Crazy Machines 2 was also streamed but it was for the PC. The soundtrack can be found online and would have to be done by ear.

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 am

Shittily hand-drawn FT logo avatar 4lyfe. Ya'll are cowards for not sticking with it

VGAGuy

Postby VGAGuy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:57 am

The only problem is no one has ripped the first Sly Cooper game's soundtrack. The rest have been ripped and some even have sheet music online.
And I can't find them on that site unless I missed something.

Return to “General Talk”