anyone have a phonetic instruments library?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Shear_Epicness

anyone have a phonetic instruments library?

Postby Shear_Epicness » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm

for the Namco expansion. I know it's possible to simulate an intelligible human voice with just three channels, but I don't know the appropriate waveforms and relative frequencies. I can probably tinker around with them until it sounds right, but it'd be great if someone did this already and happens to have those instruments lying around.

Teuthida

Re: anyone have a phonetic instruments library?

Postby Teuthida » Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 am

There is an FDS speech synth thread on the old forum. You could convert those waveforms to N163 and go from there. Make sure to credit the original user, though.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

w7n

Re: anyone have a phonetic instruments library?

Postby w7n » Tue May 02, 2017 4:30 am

Teuthida wrote:There is an FDS speech synth thread on the old forum. You could convert those waveforms to N163 and go from there. Make sure to credit the original user, though.

I don't know if you're referring to my works, but almost every voice simul thread in the old forum is outdated, including my own works albeit far more natural than most others.
Next time direct people to this instead: This has been released for over one year in this forum.

If you want custom instruments, you can use furrykef's sampling tool to sample waveforms yourself. Not all voices are guaranteed to sound well even on the FDS though.
nsf.nesbbs.com under reconstruction, better player might be available in the future.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Return to “General Talk”