hi. an explanation and an apology.

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
FamiSTHOM

Re: hi. an explanation and an apology.

Postby FamiSTHOM » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:34 am

Made this post many hours ago.

Still hasn't taken down his patreon.

PPixelation

Postby PPixelation » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:01 am

to ollaxe: http://imgur.com/MIeNGNo
i only gained 4 dollars from a track that i took from you. as you wish, i donated it to charity: water.
i'm not sure where the donation button/link is on the famitracker forum, and i'd also like that so i can make amends there as well when i can.
albeit i do not have any money at the moment, but once i get a paycheck from my job or somewhere else, i will donate all of the money i've gained from selling stolen works to the famitracker website or the forum.

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 am

I gotta say, I'm impressed. You actually did it. And you took down your patreon as well. Keep at it and you'll at least have made up for the economical damages.

With that said, I still don't trust you. I probably won't upload my FTM:s and NSF:s publically anymore because of this. At least not as long as I'm as unknown of an artist as I am, which I don't excpect to change very soon. Instead I'm going to start uploading all my music to youtube, because then I can use ContentID to avoid things like this going unnoticed for as long as it did. My guess is that others here may also get similar trust issues from this experience. Even if you pay everything back to the community, you'll still have damaged its openness, and there's nothing you can do to fix that. I want you to think about this before you even consider stealing from any artists again.
Hi! I'm not really active here anymore but I still make music. Nowadays I mostly make dubstep with emphasis on good melodies and chord progressions.
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/ollaxe
Twitter: twitter.com/ollaxe
Discord server: dis.gd/tK7uRnc
I'm also on Spotify. Search "OllAxe" and you'll find me.

chimezard

Postby chimezard » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here and made an account just to weigh in on this as a friend to (who was formerly) ppixelation.
As a preface, I, and none of their other friends, knew anything about this. This came out extremely suddenly yesterday when they told us they'd be "taking a hiatus" and then suddenly deleted every account. I still had access to their phone number and that's when they told me what happened.
I've known them for over a year and had no idea this was going on. And after the initial relief of knowing they hadn't hurt themselves wore off (because yes, they left THAT suddenly and we had so little of an idea about this), we've been talking about what the consequences for their actions are.

I will say this. From my year knowing them - pixel is not a bad person. they are confused. and hurt. and they have a lot of stuff going on in their lives that, while not at ALL an excuse for what they've done, makes me believe they did not do it out of malice.

Once they told us about this, they have been fretting all night about how to make it right.

They will not be making a return on any other accounts to do this again. I, and about twenty others, will make sure of it. Our trust for them has been shattered but they are still our friend and we're going to help them build from the ground up and hold them accountable. We've been discussing ways to pay back the monetary damage that they've done, and they fully intend to set aside paychecks to make it right. Again, I will hold them accountable for this.

I'm angry too. I'm upset too. I was lied to, too. And I'm not going to let it happen again. I promise you all that.
If you want to contact me elsewhere I have a few other accounts under this same username - twitter being the one i use most - and i'd be happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about this. You can also hold *me* accountable there, if you don't trust me.
I'm so sorry this all happened to you. And I hope you all can continue to build.

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:11 pm

chimezard wrote:[long post removed]

Thank you for making this post. I have less of a reason to distrust you as I do PPixelation, but yet I am still skeptical.

Through it all, ultimately I cannot move past the fact that your friend (as you claim he is) tried to make money off of the work of lesser known artists in our community. As an active user of 0CC-FamiTracker and a staff member on the famitracker.org Discord server, I have a lot of love for this community. It may not always be the greatest place in the world, but between that Discord, Battle of the Bits and other websites, I can honestly say it is one of the best communities I have had the pleasure of being a part of online.

So you must understand how it is incredibly hurtful and infuriating to find that your friend has been quite literally stealing from our community for over a year, taking credit for various works that we have all created. It is not only unethical and lacking in moral fiber, it is criminal. Keep in mind, if someone from our community were to actually try and pursue legal reparations for what occurred, they'd have a significant case.

At the same time, I will say that I did not expect your friend to even attempt to make good on his promise to pay people back. If what you say is true, then I and the rest of the community will seek to hold your friend to their promises further. It may be impossible to fully pay back each individual, but the money that was stolen can be contributed to some collective community purpose, which I think will satisfy everyone here, even those who had their work stolen.

Actions, however, speak louder than words. So far, the actions since this news breaking have been positive, so let's see if this will continue.

EDIT: https://www.patreon.com/retrodpc

My friend retrodpc operates the unnoficial famitracker.org website which is currently hosting the Famicompo Pico competition. Perhaps if you are truly repentant, you will make a consistent donation to this Patreon.

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:36 pm

PPixelation wrote:to ollaxe: http://imgur.com/MIeNGNo
i only gained 4 dollars from a track that i took from you. as you wish, i donated it to charity: water.
i'm not sure where the donation button/link is on the famitracker forum, and i'd also like that so i can make amends there as well when i can.
albeit i do not have any money at the moment, but once i get a paycheck from my job or somewhere else, i will donate all of the money i've gained from selling stolen works to the famitracker website or the forum.

If true, this is a step in the right direction.

However, I think we need more than just a cropped screenshot as proof here. This can be easily fabricated.

chimezard

Postby chimezard » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Yeah. I do very much understand. I am an artist as well (visual mediums rather than musical) and I can all too easily imagine the hurt and disbelief of finding all this out.
I want to make it clear, I am by no means trying to fix their mistakes for them. That will be entirely up to them to do. I am angry and want them to be the one to pay for their mistakes. We won't do that for them.
I understand you're skeptical of me too, and honestly I don't expect anything more than that. My posting here was more to show that even their closest friends had no idea and that while we support them as a person we will not stand by their actions. I felt slimy knowing what's going on but not contributing to this post in any way. I wanted to give at least a little bit of insight into the workings of their mind here, and at least tell you all what they talked to us about as far as repentance. I will do my damnedest to make sure they see it through.
I believe Pixel has full intention to donate to the charity/community thing going on. I admit I don't know much about the FT community but they did mention last night that they intended to contribute with their paycheck.
Thank you for being willing to speak with me calmly about this. I want to be able to help in any way I can short of overstepping my boundaries on pixels behalf.
(Also, another friend of ours has pointed out music is still on Gplay, and that will be removed ASAP. Pixel really is doing their best to remove all the monetized stuff, but it's a lot of ground to cover for over a year of fraud.)

JoshyBoshy

Postby JoshyBoshy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Even if PPixelation if trying to make things right by donating the money to this and that and removing his Patreon, he still did what he did and he still is a bad person. He's not getting out of this. He pretty much ruined his whole life. Once he's done the crimes, he's not going back.
DaJoshy is back!

chimezard

Postby chimezard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 am

I admit the longer time passes the less okay I am with all this. I have known them for over a year and it's becoming apparent that not a single day of my knowing them has passed where they haven't lied to me.
Confession time, we were engaged. And yet, even with that close a commitment, there was, apparently, no honesty. I promoted them everywhere, so proud of all the 'progress' they were making, and it wasn't true at all. Not a damn thing. Every moment that passes I'm getting angrier.

I want to emphasize again how sorry I am this happened to you all. If there is anything I can do, please reach out to me. Again, I'm not going to fix their mistakes. I want to even less now than I did a day ago. But nonetheless, if there's anything you guys can think of that I can do, tell me. I'm sick.
my twitter is chimezard. my discord is chimelyn#3757. i check both pretty much obsessively. i won't post here any more after this.

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Music Theft Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Forums Like Nigga Close Your Account Haha
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

Return to “General Talk”