hi. an explanation and an apology.

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Speedy

Re: hi. an explanation and an apology.

Postby Speedy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 pm

chimezard wrote: While I understand your anger, I do want to say that Pixel has been cooperating immensely with helping us recover the original artist/titles of the songs she stole. Yesterday and today she has been directly in contact with the discord server trying to track this stuff down and has helped quite a lot. Not defending what she's done or how she's handled it since being busted, but I do have to give credit where it's due. A majority of the songs have been attributed now.

I'm glad at least something is being done by them but I still have trouble giving any sympathy considering what happened. I won't be as harsh since something is being done, but I'm not going to be kind whatsoever until they actually show they've stopped stealing stuff, give the money they made from it back to the people who deserve it (assuming that's even possible) and made something original to show they actually want to contribute to the community instead of stealing.

Milos

Postby Milos » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Remember when I told you " I really hope you didn't steal any of my work, because I would be really mad"?
Well, you fucking piece of https://clyp.it/p1qgrhua

Yung Gotenks

Postby Yung Gotenks » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:52 pm

ooooo Milo's mad now!
Get on him! (lol)
Fun fact: My username here is the same as my youtube channel!
Check it out.

Milos

Postby Milos » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Yung Gotenks wrote:ooooo Milo's mad now!
Get on him! (lol)

nah, not really angry - it's an old one and it's on my album anyway
but i'm more worried that pp has stolen "milos network's theme" that i'm STILL going to use

PPixelation

Postby PPixelation » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:14 am

some of the files that was on my old laptop that i exported (including that one) weren't for that purpose, i also downloaded a few to listen to.
as much as i'd like to say "don't worry i'm not going to steal anything else" - i don't think people can trust just my word for it, so i'll try and get my actions to say that as well. so don't be worried about me stealing something that you'll ultimately use, or anything else for that matter.

Tobikomi

Postby Tobikomi » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:33 pm

PPixelation... I just need to say... thank you... for FUCKING BUTCHERING MY TUNES, YOU SACK OF ****!

That felt good.
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3

JohnLeagsdurg

Postby JohnLeagsdurg » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 am

I'm glad PPixelation hasn't touched all of my FTMs because they were all covers and i haven't even done any original song at all. Another reason why i'm inactive to this forums is that i've been hanging on nicely on the unofficial discord. All of my original songs were only made around the first years i used famitracker, and they all sucked. They were posted from the old FamiTracker forums anyways.

allenpwilliams

Postby allenpwilliams » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:47 pm

At least all of my shitty songs are original. :D

Gamma

Postby Gamma » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:52 pm

what a weird arc

protip 1: people don't need your ftm or nsf files to steal your work and claim credit, nearly everything ppixel did here could've been done just as easily with mp3s

protip 2: using this as an excuse to further limit access to your own work is only going to hurt you and further the spread of works you already despise, such as automatically generated "chiptunes" from gxscc and the likes

as for you ppixel, i think everyone makes mistakes. yours was kinda big. i'm pretty sure that so long as you continue your online presence with the same username, there are going to be a handful of people from this forum that will hold a grudge against you and never let this go. if you really are interested in chiptunes or producing music, you are better off doing so under another alias. to be honest, i don't even know that this is a good place for a growing musician - most of the talent has moved on to other software or other communities due to arbitrary rules here, and it's not likely that you'll receive critique that can help you grow. consider something like battle of the bits, and be prepared for longtime musicians to be brutally honest with you.

Return to “General Talk”