hi. an explanation and an apology.

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Tobikomi

Re: hi. an explanation and an apology.

Postby Tobikomi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Damn PPixelation, sucks to be you! YOUR LIFE IS FUCKED NOW!
ぼくのなまえはブライアン(とびこみ)だ。はじめまして!
My name is Bryan (Tobikomi). Nice to meet you!

My Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/bryan-ness-699934457/tracks
My Chipmusic: http://chipmusic.org/gameputer_bryan3

PPixelation

Postby PPixelation » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 am

to postapocolyptica, i'd rather be honest than to leave. that isn't right, even after what i've done. i want to make as much as i can of this situation right. but i do understand that in some situations people would also do that. i just want to do the best i can with what i can do, even if it takes time. regardless, i've done too much damage to actually count and the forums has taken a major impact, and i know it. i'm trying to own up to my mistakes, and i know a sorry won't cut it.

8BitZtunerYT

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 pm

What's up, I've been having a on and off relationship with the community (if you really want to call it that, most of it was spent not being present in it and sometimes visited it again) and this caught my attention to bring back my old dead account, and I know people said their 2cents about this but why not do this too.

First off, you're a asshole for stealing other people's work, a complete degenerate who did not ask the community for help, but instead steal and even make money with other peoples work WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION (and I swear to god I hope you didn't steal any of mine too.) and not even giving them a good percentage of the money YOU falsely earned, you disgust me.

You've destroyed people's trust while they were publishing their work on here/any chiptune related sites, good fucking job.
Your sorry didn't cut it, maybe you might redeem yourself by donating to the Famicompo campaign that's going on (or by donating to people's patreons, i don't care where you donate honestly, just do it in this community), but I'm sure that they don't want you here at all, so please fuck off.

Now back to returning to my grave.
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

Milos

Postby Milos » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Woo, time to wipe off dust from this account. It's been a while, sorry, but I had to comment on this one.

THIS is why I don't share here or publicly FTMs anymore. THIS is why I'm even scared to put my FTMs on BotB to be honest. THIS is why I share them as a support bonus for buying my albums and THIS is why my trust for the people on the internet is getting lower and lower each day.

Buddy, let's be honest here. You messed up. You messed up REALLY REALLY badly. Not only you were STEALING and SELLING FTMs that were NOT YOURS, but created by people from FamiTracker Community, but you also had a balls to make these kind of statements on your own Patreon. Some of the people here put a lot of hard work, sweat and tears to their music. Not only that. They put A LOT of emotions into it and you have a guts to just take them and make a profit out of them. Good job. No, really, good job. That's like a 50th level of being an asshole. "Sorry" won't change anything here. You have done something horrible and don't think that simple apology will change anything in your situation. By the way, I really hope you didn't steal any of my work, because I would be really mad. And trust me, no one wants to see me mad. You could try something else. You could try from a zero to chiptune hero, like everyone here, but you chose a simple cowardy and dickish path.

A lot of people are really angry at you right now. Especially, people that their work was stolen by you. I don't think there's no chance for you to regain trust and any respect here. You can try. You can for example:
-donate for Famicompo Pico server.
-support any of the FamiTracker Community artists on Bandcamp
-support any of the FamiTracker Community artists on Patreon
-donate money for charity
etc.
That would help to rebulid your picture, but... let's be honest, a lot of people are really pissed of because of you. There's a small chance that it'll happen.
Sorry, but no sorry. You fucked up. Deal with it, live with it. Time will show the results of your actions.

Chip Jockey signing out.

ArcienMusic

Postby ArcienMusic » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi. Created an account solely to post this because you've deleted your other socials (with good reason), though I have a feeling it won't be seen. Nevertheless, I have the opportunity to get this off of my chest now, because I really have some things I need to say, whether you give a rats ass about it or not:

It's really disappointing and upsetting to learn that all you've showed me and all I've heard from you for the year I've known you has been a big fat lie and any trust I've gained has been shattered for good and at this point. It won't be restored. You've actually managed to go unnoticed. The reactions you had whenever I reposted your stuff was probably out of fear of being found out, and not from being humble. I wish you'd have told me from the start or SOMETHING other than making me believe something that was never real. So that hurts a bit to be honest. What about the piano/guitar stuff you did, is that not you either? I don't know what to believe anymore. Not to mention the other people you've managed to deceive for the longest time.

Collabs are off, of course. You know i'd been happy to help you in any which way, but that chance has faded at this point. You let me and the others down big time.

Nevertheless, I hope you get your act together. If music truly is what you want, then I need you to go for it. It took me said years to get to where I am, and it wasn't from stealing people's stuff and claiming it as my own. It was from learning from my production mistakes, talking to people in a mutual community, learning from them, eventually, them learning from me, and so on. There's a massive spectrum of people who are willing to help and I wish you'd have taken that opportunity instead of acting like someone you never were.

Whatever you do from here, as long as the intend is good, I hope you succeed. Even though I feel betrayed and really angry at you, I still want you to be happy. Just don't exploit other people for your own gain.

A wake-up call? Not necessary, you don't steal and sell people's music on accident. It's a reality check you're in for.

In the future, be honest with people, learn to use software, to compose, given that any non-chiptune work is completely yours. If it IS yours, use it to your advantage, incorporate it in your future works. Just remember that there's a massive MAAAAASSIVE difference between sampling and what you've done hear. Read up on it.

This isn't necessarily a letter to talk smack, but more or less a reminder that even though I've really really upset at what you've done here, I still want you to be happy. If you truly are the person I got to know, then I wish you the best. But what you've done is inexcusable and I hope the exploited people somehow gets what's rightfully theirs. That's your job now. Over time, scars might heal, but it requires you to do the right thing, now and in the future, music related or not.

The trust is gone and we probably won't be in contact from now on. I don't expect you to care though, but if you do have something you want to tell me, you can throw a DM at me on twitter.

Again, I don't expect you to read this, I don't expect you to care, but I got it off my chest and that's fine with me.

There's nothing to learn from here, it's wrong in so many places and you should've known better, knowing what kind of person you seemed to be. But I definitely have learnt something here: Never trusting artists until they can stand by what they make, be it a project file, stems, something that proves it's made by them.

To all the other people in here: I'm fairly new to FamiTracker, but just in case:
If there's a way to watermark your work, I suggest you do so, be it a downright watermark or a subtle/rhythmical one, maybe in terms of sound design or something. It really does help.

You can fix this, but you need to do it right and preferably without help. It may seem hard, but this is your own doing.
Please do your best to do so. I actually kinda sorta believe in you.

- Nick

Edit: learning more stuff as I read on. Do one.
Last edited by ArcienMusic on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:18 pm

All I'll say is that I'm glad I stopped posting my FTMs publicly. This is exactly the type of thing I'm worried will happen otherwise.
uh who's this lmao

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Overlord99 wrote:All I'll say is that I'm glad I stopped posting my FTMs publicly. This is exactly the type of thing I'm worried will happen otherwise.

And this is the problem with thieves in general. People become paranoid about posting their work and the community at large suffers.

This is the true reason why the actions are unforgivable, combined with the profit.

PostApocolyptica

Postby PostApocolyptica » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:50 pm

I don't mind supplying my stuff - if people want to see what makes up a module of mine that they like, I won't stop them - and obviously NSF's are convenient for those who want to play them natively whilst having little interest in music trackers. Steal my shit and expect to get called out on it, simple as that; the report button will be slammed harder than a character in some obscure, BDSM-related scenario that would deeply concern most people who read it.

Apologising for what is probably illegal ("I will contact the cyber police and report your ISP to the FBI!") isn't going to get you very far, let's be honest, but if you end up reimbursing the victims, you'll at least be mildly better than just a lazy thief. You've managed to trigger most of the FamiTracker community so hard that they've scrambled to remember their account passwords just to chew you out, which would be pretty damn hilarious if it weren't for all the revenue you basically appropriated. The forums are active again, and of course it's because of some shitty thread full of A N G E R Y people who are, for once, getting mad over something worthwhile.

Hands down the best thread we've had in a long time, since that 9/11 shitpost way back when. I almost want you to keep stealing so you can get BTFO'd all over again, this is great.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

iYamWhatIYam

Postby iYamWhatIYam » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:48 pm

how can one be such a shitlord

what the fuck
I have permanently switched to 0CC-FamiTracker. If and when JSR decides to update vanilla FamiTracker at this point is entirely out of the question for me.
YouTube
Twitter

Lum

Postby Lum » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 am

Congrats, OP, on being an asswipe of the highest caliber.

Return to “General Talk”