[VOTE] BRAINSTORMING - Collaborative Videogame OST Cover Project

General discussion about tracking, help and support.

Which game OST do you want to cover?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:02 am

Mother 3
4%
Langrisser II
4%
Thunder Force IV
17%
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
6%
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask
6%
Super Mario 3D World/Galaxy
23%
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
8%
Final Fantasy 7
6%
Ys 1/2/3
13%
Sonic CD (JP/EU)
13%

Total votes: 48

YobaHere

Re: [VOTE] BRAINSTORMING - Collaborative Videogame OST Cover Project

Postby YobaHere » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 am

I don't see anything bad in covering tracks by each channel or even with converted sequence data, main thing is to achieve good sound in result. Authentic to original or individual one.
If anybody knows where i can download FMPSG albums please let me know.
Here is my youcloud and twitterbook. Whatever. Shitmusics.
7:07 PM Threxx said: Selamat pagi
7:07 PM dpc said: Cyka blyat
http://i.imgur.com/anqwUfw.png

recme

Postby recme » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Alright guys! Voting time is over! The OST we are all covering will be Super Mario 3D World/Galaxy. Of course, it was my fault for putting those two soundtracks together, causing a bit of a unfairness for the voting. The good part about this is that we get many styles of music, giving a lot of variety throughout entries!

With that out of the way, I'll be making the thread so that you guys can call dibs on songs. Be on the lookout!

SamW

Postby SamW » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:35 pm

can I mention how, at this point already, before any work has even been done, this project has already had mass organisation issues? I surely can't be the only one who notices a problem with the poll result being two completely separate games in one option for some reason, the selection being something that will be inanely difficult to pull off for most people on this board, and that this wasn't the only option with multiple games covered?

is it me, or is this already reeking of incompetence?
ym2612 extraordinaire, metal & edm producer, professional weeblord, head over heels for harumi

twitter
soundcloud
super famidev

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:37 pm

SamW wrote:can I mention how, at this point already, before any work has even been done, this project has already had mass organisation issues? I surely can't be the only one who notices a problem with the poll result being two completely separate games in one option for some reason, the selection being something that will be inanely difficult to pull off for most people on this board, and that this wasn't the only option with multiple games covered?

is it me, or is this already reeking of incompetence?

this post seconded. The grouping of the two Mario games into one poll selection was not called into question until the poll had reached a numerous amount of votes, and the response to this fallacy seems to be a shrug and an "oh well". Let me also point out that this was not the only double selection in the poll. How was this allowed to happen when some options only feature one soundtrack? There is a serious lack of leadership and organization here.

recme

Postby recme » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:45 pm

to be fair, i've already realized my mistake and asked the community whether they wanted to do another poll or pull 25 songs from each ost. my apologies if things seem a bit messy, as i am currently not home and have to face power outages often in the place im currently in. because of that, im left without a computer to work with and have to suffice with working very late at night, which is when the power is on mostly. this is something i cannot control, so i apologize yet again.

as for the whole 2 in 1 deal, that was a result of me working late at night, trying to see what i should do about the limiting "10 options per poll" thing. i thought of letting people just comment on a thread, telling me which of the two they wanted, but then i thought that might've lack organization. looks like i was wrong at that time.

again, i apologize for things looking grim here. im trying my best to keep this intact. i was hoping my vacation wouldnt be a huge issue, but i guess i was wrong. i did not mean to sound careless about the galaxy/3d world issue, i was just trying to find a solution for the careless mistake i've done.

concerning the issue, i can do my previous idea (see bolded text), include all the soundtracks that were suggested, regardless of data dumping, and everything can be well and sound. however, because of this, the poll will probably not be a week, since of the time i wasted with this poll. ill do something like 3 days worth of voting time. are you guys up for this idea?

LarryLarington

Postby LarryLarington » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:37 am

I personally don't have too much problem with the format of the poll, but I wouldn't mind redoing it for the sake of fairness. I do, however, share some reservations about the organization of the project. Are they any readily available documents detailing the project and a potential schedule? Information can easily get lost in threads, so having so actual word documents/pdf would help immensely IMO. Perhaps a sign up list/email list of everyone interested in participating for ease of contact? Keeping everything restricted to this forum could potentially get messy.
Current Project: TBD
Completed: Thunder Force IV - Count Down Continue

recme

Postby recme » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:04 am

yes, documents are ready, detailing the project's contents and what needs to be done.

perhaps i can add the people participating in the event on skype? i've noticed in the skype thread that you guys have a chat and that a lot of people responded to the thread. plus, im on skype often as well, so that can work easily

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:07 am

recme wrote:perhaps i can add the people participating in the event on skype? i've noticed in the skype thread that you guys have a chat and that a lot of people responded to the thread. plus, im on skype often as well, so that can work easily

That leaves the people who don't Skype, though.

Also...
recme wrote:as for the whole 2 in 1 deal, that was a result of me working late at night, trying to see what i should do about the limiting "10 options per poll" thing. i thought of letting people just comment on a thread, telling me which of the two they wanted, but then i thought that might've lack organization. looks like i was wrong at that time.

Is there even a need to host the poll on the forums proper, other than convenience? Couldn't you just use something like Strawpoll, which can handle up to 30 choices (negating the need for that 2-3 OSTs per option stuff and the jettisoning of half of the nominations), and posted the link? :?

recme

Postby recme » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:38 am

...then e-mails are probably the best solution, since its an actual requirement for joining the forum.

also, i wasnt aware of what strawpoll was. that does seem like the better option, indeed.

LarryLarington

Postby LarryLarington » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:12 am

I'm in favor of email and taking some names down!

Also don't sweat it dude if things aren't perfect to begin with. First of all you offered to lead this project and I definitely appreciate that -- it's a lot of responsibility for a hobby/side project and especially one of this caliber. We're a group of musicians connected solely through the internet who are supposed to collaborate on a huge undertaking like this. It's definitely no small task and it shouldn't be treated as one. I think the more seriously we take it and the more organized we are the greater the likelihood that we will succeed.

So please don't take any of this the wrong way -- we're a bunch of passionate people who care about this enough to want it to happen. I'm personally looking forward to getting to know y'all and working with you. :)
Current Project: TBD
Completed: Thunder Force IV - Count Down Continue

Return to “General Talk”