Thunderforce IV - Community Cover Project

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
PostApocolyptica

Re: Thunderforce IV - Community Cover Project

Postby PostApocolyptica » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:25 pm

recme wrote:i dont see the huge issue on not having a single expansion.

Consistency issues. jrlepage's original idea was to compile them all together, and even though it's not his project, it's not actually a bad idea. I used FDS for my entry because: a) modulation works quite well for mimicing guitars; b) fuck using VRC7. That chip's not for me. I'm not going against your rules by using any expansion chip, but it's still important to be aware of others' suggestions, especially jrlepage's.

recme wrote:nobody is explaining to me on why it's a bad thing to let people use whatever they want as an expansion. if someone can explain to me why it's such a bad option, then that would be great. otherwise, i dont really want to hear it unless a reason is attached.

People are explaining this to you. danooct1 has pointed out how sloppy this project is getting.

recme wrote:as for sloppy entry handling, im having no issues with handling the entries. if someone can also explain to me on how it is sloppy (hint: it isnt. i have all entries on my dropbox, organized like how it is in the first post), then that would be great too.

You couldn't even decide on a good communication medium for some time! Now people are using personal messages, which makes sense - it is a forum feature, after all - but you could definitely have used better clarification. "Send me a personal message with your entry, linked using Dropbox or some other file-hosting site." Is that hard?

recme wrote:finally, about vrc7 tracks, how is this a bad thing? if it makes you upset, then i'd advise chiming in on the project by adding something that isnt vrc7.

I'm not "upset" by people making VRC7 covers of Mega Drive tracks. After all, it is complying to your rules. I myself added an FDS module, so that might be considered my "response", if you so wish. However, "FM to FM", as some people have pointed out, isn't exactly challenging. This is partly why I dislike VRC7 myself.

recme wrote:im completely confused on why some of you are letting go of their entries. what seems to be the problem here? why are you guys asking for limitations on expansions? isnt this supposed to be for fun? if anyone can step up and tell me what's the problem, then that would be great.

People have told you the problem. Look at this very thread, for Christ's sake. Users are dissatisfied with the standard of the entries, the organisation, and most importantly, the general incompetence that seems to emenate from this project, unfortunately. Covers are dropped because people are pissed off, and rightfully so.

recme wrote:it would be great if you guys can help me out here, because so far, im only receiving complaints and negativity that really isnt needed in a activity thats for fun.

i.e. "It would be great if you guys could repeat your complaints to me again, because I'm not able to understand criticism and I don't understand how to run a project."

You know what? Drop my cover as well. Remove my "dibs" on Stand Up Against Myself from the tracklist, remove my "completion" of Neo Weapon (Docking 5) from the list, and consider me done. I was always dubious of this project, even long before Thunder Force IV was chosen as the project source, but now your responses have confirmed my suspicions that this was never to amount to anything good. Jesus Christ.

I will upload my cover of Neo Weapon (Docking 5) by itself in the covers thread in due time, once I have optimised the FTM in 0CC-FamiTracker and generated an NSF.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

James_S

Postby James_S » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:16 pm

aww, lots of the good ones are held.
3-A / the skyline please.
AKA FamicomForever
click for BEPIS!!!!

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:28 pm

I had faith in this project, but the community once again disappoints me.

I'm super sad to have to do this, but I'm calling an end to this project. It doesn't look like the community deserves the effort it takes to organize this kind of project.
Follow me on Twitter.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:28 pm

I had faith in this project, but the community once again disappoints me.

I'm super sad to have to do this, but I'm calling an end to this project. It doesn't look like the community deserves the effort it takes to organize this kind of project.

Feel free to post your covers in the covers section of the forum if you want. Or don't. See if I care.
Follow me on Twitter.

Return to “General Talk”