Issues with converting wavs to dpcm

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
James_S

Issues with converting wavs to dpcm

Postby James_S » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 am

I exported this video and made .wav files, but when i tried to turn it into dpcm it didnt show up even close to the original, is there any way to edit the sound so it does show up?
video for reference: https://youtu.be/insCeDwbPaI?t=2m38s
sound effect i made, removing the white noise: https://www.dropbox.com/s/spau1f9ytij64zf/moe.wav?dl=0

edit: fixed link
AKA FamicomForever
click for BEPIS!!!!

Neonchiptune

Re: Issues with converting wavs to dpcm

Postby Neonchiptune » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:25 am

This is a very interesting issue I've come across as well.
Some tips I can give for enhancing your audio is bass boosting as well as tempo/speed changes using audacity.
(Which you can easily switch to normal with Famitracker's instrument editor --But now I'm just rambling.)

The only other solution I can think of is to actually find the sample's source material and just lower the quality. It'll give pretty much the same effect.
To be honest, it's a bit ambitious for you to create a sample of this particular segment. The quality just sounds like tin foil...
Anyways, hope that helped a tad bit. Wishing you the best of luck, man.
Trash Zone™

RushJet1
Forum Staff

Postby RushJet1 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:10 pm

This sounded so different because the right and left channels were inverted, canceling each other out. I flipped the left channel and it should work now. This happens because any DPCM conversion program will average both channels before converting (convert stereo to mono).
Attachments
moe.zip
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

James_S

Postby James_S » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:58 am

RushJet1 wrote:This sounded so different because the right and left channels were inverted, canceling each other out. I flipped the left channel and it should work now. This happens because any DPCM conversion program will average both channels before converting (convert stereo to mono).

ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
AKA FamicomForever
click for BEPIS!!!!

Return to “General Talk”