GXSCC porting over to FamiTracker?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
ComputerCraze

GXSCC porting over to FamiTracker?

Postby ComputerCraze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 am

I use a program called GXSCC to convert MIDI files into chiptunes. Is there a way to port over the instruments in GXSCC to FamiTracker? Here is a screenshot showing some of the stuff it displays:
gxscc.PNG
gxscc.PNG (25.66 KiB) Viewed 2695 times

Thanks for helping me! :)

PostApocolyptica

Re: GXSCC porting over to FamiTracker?

Postby PostApocolyptica » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 am

Your best course of action is to completely delete GXSCC from your computer.

Edit (2015-07-13 13:29 UTC+1): More seriously, this question has now been answered. The rest of the responses in this thread, including my own, are knee-jerk shitposting, because GXSCC is awful. I apologise.
Last edited by PostApocolyptica on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumi is best ship; confirmed and manifested.

YouTube
Twitter
SoundCloud

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:13 am

I realize that you may be ignorant about why your reception thus far, and likely to come is not exactly warm.

GXSCC is not chiptune. It is a poor emulation of the Konami SCC (which now has a native tracker, making this program entirely useless). GSXCC is often used by many ill-informed, inexperienced, lazy users to upload "8-bit, NES" chiptunes to YouTube, with poor conversions of already poorly made MIDI's. Many users here do what they do in order to make sure such lazy and misrepresentative works are overshadowed and ignored in favor of properly done chiptune arrangements and compositions.

There is, and will never be a way to port GXSCC to Famitracker. Your best course of action would be to delete GXSCC and learn how to use a proper chiptune creation program (such as Famitracker).
Last edited by Threxx on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ComputerCraze

Postby ComputerCraze » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:30 am

Thank you for your input. I am using GXSCC for my own personal use and am not planning to post any music to YouTube. I will definitely try to make a FamiTracker song in the future. Again, thank you for your input, and I hope to be posting more here soon.

James_S

Postby James_S » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 am

Yep. sorry if this is harsh, but GXSCC is pretty much the most commonly thing here because its lazy fakebit.
You should try using FT and posting your stuff here, I'm sure we wont be as hostile as long as you dont use GXSCC for it. : )
AKA FamicomForever
click for BEPIS!!!!

Dr. Merio

Postby Dr. Merio » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:14 am

Please excuse the poor reception. I understand where they're coming from, but I don't think it warrants such a reaction.

I don't think there's a way to convert such a thing into FT, so if you really have a need to do this, I strongly suggest you learn how to use the tracker and convert them manually. Trust me, it will be much better in the long run. Just see some of the works people post in the music sections and you'll understand why.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 am

>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

za909

Postby za909 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:29 am

Like others have stated before, your best bet is to move on to Famitracker, which would be beneficial in multiple ways:
1. You get to make real chip music you can also play on the hardware it's mean to play on
2. You might learn a thing or two about music
3. I will not lose any more of my hair because of GXSCC.

I mean it got me to stop watching Angry Joe because of the GXSCC-d intro music and got me into flame wars with Sonic fanboys of the imbecilic sort, who knows what else might happen. It's very easy to recognise its hilarious square-snare.
It's fine by me if you get used to FT by converting MIDIs by hand, it's still going to be miles miles miles ahead of anything that program would ever make.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:54 am

Xyz wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W11W-oYSzo

The thing that most makes me feel bad about this video is the alarming amount of people who did not perceive the intended humour of it.
Follow me on Twitter.

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:18 am

Yeah you kinda have to already know that that's lunar's alt youtube account
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

Return to “General Talk”