FTM2MID - FTM to MIDI converter [V3]
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 pm
I wrote a basic FTM to MIDI converter script in Lua, which uses my own partial port of the CFamiTrackerDoc class and a Lua port of MIDI-Perl. Its purpose is to allow one to quickly access the underlying notes in FTM files within a wide class of sequencers; it does not aim at producing listenable General MIDI files from arbitrary FTMs. It is a much faster method of producing usable sequence files compared to recording the MIDI output from FamiTracker with external software. An installation of Lua 5.2 or above is required.
- Note-by-note export with proper handling of Gxx and Sxx effects;
- Multi-chip FTMs are supported with volume mixing, and MIDI channels can be remapped;
- Percussion mapping for noise channel per instrument, and DPCM per sample;
- Loop detection and tempo changes, including 0CC-FamiTracker grooves;
- Notes using the 0xy arpeggio effect or looped absolute arpeggio sequences are expanded into individual notes;
- Notes of selected instruments can be marked as tie notes;
- Program change per instrument;
- Selected DPCM samples can be split into a separate melodic track;
- [V3] Transposition by Qxy and Rxy effects;
- [V3] Swapping note velocity and channel volume, plus Axy volume slide effect handling.
- wxLua GUI frontend;
- Option to split notes of selected instrument sets into separate tracks;
- Option to use accurate fine-pitch;
- Option to map 4xy or 7xy effects to MIDI modulation events;
- Option to expand all kinds of arpeggio sequences into individual notes;
- (Portamento MIDI events;)
- 0CC-FamiTracker bookmarks for time signatures;
- DLS / SF2 export for instruments using DPCM samples (I am serious about this feature);
- Support for 0.5.0 FTMs (this must not be done before the updated CFamiTrackerDoc source code is released) and 0.2.x FTMs.