Touhou 1: Highly Responsive to Prayers ~ Community Collab Project

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Reverie

Touhou 1: Highly Responsive to Prayers ~ Community Collab Project

Postby Reverie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 am

So, I've been talking with a certain kfaraday, and I've decided to humor an idea I've had for quite a while: A community collaboration project.

Now I had to ask myself, what's a game series that's rather good, with a game that definitely needs more love? The answers for me at the least are Touhou and Highly Responsive to Prayers, the first game in the series that "we don't talk about." So thus, I'm pleased to announce the HRtP community collaboration project!

Now, how this works, is to not conflict with the TFIV collab, is I'll be letting you all loose to choose ONE tune to cover via responses in the topic. If we have tracks left, I'll let you pick a second tune. It's first come first serve. For example, I'm taking the theme "Now, Until the Moment You Die." If it's not taken by the time the TFIV collab is over, I could take "Blade of Banishment". Once we have all of the 14 tracks covered and/or the TFIV Collab is finished, I'll be starting the collaboration.

I'll also be opening this to ANYONE who wishes to participate, as long as they have a Famitracker forums account. I'll be updating the topic with who's taking what in the track list daily.

Without further ado, HERE IS THE TRACK LIST YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! (These are all easy to find on Youtube, so when in doubt, look it up!)

01. A Sacred Lot
02. Eternal Shrine Maiden
03. The Positive and Negative
04. Highly Responsive to Prayers
05. Eastern Strange Discourse (Taken by moviemovies1)
06. Angel's Legend
07. Oriental Magician (Taken by HertzDevil)
08. Blade of Banishment
09. Magic Mirror (Taken by Blaze)
10. the Legend of KAGE
11. Now, Until the Moment You Die (Taken by Reverie)
12. Civilization of Magic (Taken by Shywolf)
13. Angel of a Distant Star
14. Iris

(Tracklist from the Mystic Square OPNA version's soundtrack release. ( http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Akyu%27s_Untouched_Score_vol.5 )

Obviously these are all to be Famitracker covers, but for this collab, you can use any ONE expansion per track. The tracks will be put on Radio Rev for a special event day, as I have offered with some other collaborations.

Kfaraday and I will be overseeing this project once after the TFIV collab is done, but until then pick your track civilly... and if you want to get an early start, what's there to stop you!~ I mean, I'm not putting a hard time limit on the project, so thus, I expect whoever joins to just have fun! (Well, and also still to be reasonable with time. But that's to be expected.)

Edit 1: I will try to set up a shared dropbox folder in my public folder once this gets under way, so. I'll need anyone who wishes to participate's email, you can PM me if you wish.
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

Blaze

---removed

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:03 am

---removed
Last edited by Blaze on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reverie

Re: Touhou 1: Highly Responsive to Prayers ~ Community Collab Project

Postby Reverie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:06 am

Blaze wrote:Well, I already made this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=564

If you wish to use it (polished up further or not) I'd say go ahead! If you don't want to do a different track, that's fine too! Just be sure to let me know in this topic. This is mainly just to see how me running a community collaboration would go. So yeah, I don't have any super stringent rules for this one.

Also, I find both versions enjoyable for certain tunes, so... yeah, just go with whatever!
Last edited by Reverie on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze

---removed

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:08 am

---removed
Last edited by Blaze on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reverie

Postby Reverie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:09 am

Blaze wrote:If you want to use it for an official collaboration, go ahead and credit me for anything you use it for.

First post updated, and thanks for contributing to the project!

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:11 am

I shall take Eternal Shrine Maiden and The Legend of KAGE and Oriental Magician.

I have also attached the PMD MML dumps of the HRtP (86) soundtrack from TH5's Music Room. I had a few tracks from the original game converted directly to PMD MML, but these did not work very well, so I could write a MDRV decompiler if anyone needs the original tracks' dumps.
Attachments
HRtP_TH5.zip
(18.22 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Last edited by HertzDevil on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:15 am

Dibs on [Civilization of Magic].

MovieMovies1

Postby MovieMovies1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:16 am

05. Eastern Strange Discourse is what I would like.
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

Blaze

---removed

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:31 am

---removed
Last edited by Blaze on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:30 am

I wrote a decompiler for MDRV in Lua 5.2 in about 8 hours and included all MML dumps of the original HRtP soundtrack (including tracks not found in the Mystic Square music room) to show how this could be done. Some constructs like nested loops are validated as soon as the source MD2 was compiled into MDT files, so translating these back to MML does not require validation, and the parser does not require backtracking at all.

The MDT files compiled from these MD2 files are not identical to the original source, since MDRV injects corrupted data for unused FM patches, and there are unused patterns in several tracks.
Attachments
HRtP_MDRV.zip
(30.74 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
refactoring 0cc-famitracker