Kirby's Adventure Instrument Pack
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:17 am
This is a module containing all 41 instruments ripped from Kirby's Adventure, using the exact instrument indices in the instrument names as they are represented internally. The module requires vanilla FamiTracker 0.2.6 (a mirror can be found here), since it is the last version that has the desired volume mixing; the next release started clipping the final volume to 1 if the mixed value is 0 but neither the track nor the instrument is muted, and 0.2.9 started using multiplicative mixing. Some notes:
- Each instrument in Kirby's Adventure is represented by a pair of FT instruments, one for the sustain part, another for the release, because 0.2.6 did not have release envelopes yet. Seven instruments (01, 1D, 1F, 21, 24, 25, 26) do not have release parts because these are equivalent to note cuts. All pairings are presented in the module's first song.
- All duty settings are fixed where given, but this does not matter since the Vxx effect was absent in 0.2.6.
- In reality, none of the release parts would reset the current pitch or duty cycle of the instrument, but FamiTracker never has this capability, so they will be slightly inaccurate for instruments with vibrato or very short notes with a long duty sequence.
- Instruments 1A and 1B also do not update the duty cycle in the sustain part. They must be duplicated as needed.
- The following instruments are unused in the music: 03, 05, 06, 09, 0B, 0C, 11, 15, 1A, 1C, 1D, 20, 26. They might be found in sound effects.
- DPCM pitches are only provisional. The sound engine does not bind pitches to DPCM samples.