VRC7 help?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Overlord99

VRC7 help?

Postby Overlord99 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:26 am

I'm trying to make a cover using the VRC7 expansion chip, and I am not used to its weird exponential volume. As such, I feel like the volume in certain channels is more overpowering than they should be. I want the Follin-style percussion to be audible throughout the song, and I've been trying as much as I can to make sure that it is, but something still feels off. If anyone out there can point out any issues with the volume control, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

*NOTE: The 0.5 beta will be required in order to play this.
Attachments
An Underlying Problem VRC7.ftm
(28.76 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

Xyz

Re: VRC7 help?

Postby Xyz » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:39 am

I just shift+mousewheeled everything down 1 volume with the exception of FM3 FM4 & FM5 for their 01 patterns.

A good rule of thumb is to make C be the loudest an instrument goes unless you absolutely need it to cut through the mix.

Also changed the custom patch a bit so that it doesn't have so much low end which will conflict with your triangle's range.
Attachments
Best Song VRC7.ftm
(28.76 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

Overlord99

Re: VRC7 help?

Postby Overlord99 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:46 am

Xyz wrote:I just shift+mousewheeled everything down 1 volume with the exception of FM3 FM4 & FM5 for their 01 patterns.

A good rule of thumb is to make C be the loudest an instrument goes unless you absolutely need it to cut through the mix.

Also changed the custom patch a bit so that it doesn't have so much low end which will conflict with your triangle's range.

Thank you so much! You're a lifesaver!

Return to “General Talk”