I'll amend this OP with your suggestions, and constantly be updating this list, so that we have a helpful place to keep track of our tools.
You can post any utility, no matter how obscure or obvious it is, as long as it helps you.
This thread is to help both newcomers and veterans alike.
A few ground rules:
- Provide a link to the utility's/resource's page from its original source, if possible.
Some utilities and resources are not to be re-distributed or hot-linked, so it's always best to link to their page.
- If you must upload them somewhere, use a reputable site.
If the original source might be down or lost, or you created it - go you! - use a site like Google Drive, Dropbox or your own server/site - no shady 'filelockers' or ad-filled upload sites (this includes MEGA and Mediafire!) please!
- If you can't upload them elsewhere, for some reason, you can attach them here, but it's not recommended.
Don't clog up the server!
- If you're posting them here or linking to an upload, zip your files and check them with virustotal.
You may include a link to a virustotal report, but it's not mandatory. We just can't have wild .exe's floating about spreading evil.
- It's assumed we're working from Windows, but other platforms, including Linux, Mac and mobile utilities are welcome!
This includes native-platform things, like NES/FC audio engines and players.
- It probably goes without saying, but the focus is mainly on NES music creation.
While cross-platform tools (such as Deflemask) are welcome, they should be pertinent to NES music creation and production, and specifically in/from FamiTracker.
Example: GXSCC is out, DAW's with 'chiptune' plugins don't count, and while a VST or similar plugin with accurate 2A03 emulation is okay, it's not strictly FamiTracker-related.
Anyway, I'll start this off.
CONSOLE MUSIC FORMAT PLAYERS (for doing covers)
- SNES SPC700 Player, Windows, 133kb - It plays back SPC700 (i.e., SNES) music in .spc format, and has very useful features such as speed/pitch controls, a playlist, spc register debug, and channel mute.
Note: This does not support ".rsn" archives natively, but you can open them in 7-Zip/Winrar, or rename the extension to .rar, and extract the folder.