What is this method called?

General discussion about tracking, help and support.
Stratelier

Re: What is this method called?

Postby Stratelier » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:20 am

Xyz wrote:I call it Fxx spamming

Me too. (lol)

Now in the stated example image, you could just as easily label your FTM file as 200 BPM and get the exact same results -- minus the certainty of knowing which rows get 4 or 5 engine cycles. Still, 200BPM actually is stable across every 2 rows, so if your song doesn't use anything timed down to the 16th note there's actually no issues caused by it at all.

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 am

Stratelier wrote:Now in the stated example image, you could just as easily label your FTM file as 200 BPM and get the exact same results

This is only true if you assume the tempo value is set to 150.
Follow me on Twitter.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 pm

jrlepage wrote:This is only true if you assume the tempo value is set to 150.

Poor wording on my part :( I was referring to Speed 6 Tempo 200 compared to the example (which we assume to be Tempo 150 by default).

MiniMacro wrote:Storm, there's also a method called tempo swing, which is useful for jazz music.

Is that where you do things like F04/F08/F04/F08? Sure, it gives you the same overall tempo as a Speed 6, but it times the midbeat to fall on a third rather than on a half, the result similar to if you scored the song using 3 rows per beat outright.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Stratelier wrote:
MiniMacro wrote:Storm, there's also a method called tempo swing, which is useful for jazz music.

Is that where you do things like F04/F08/F04/F08? Sure, it gives you the same overall tempo as a Speed 6, but it times the midbeat to fall on a third rather than on a half, the result similar to if you scored the song using 3 rows per beat outright.
I personally don't use this method. I prefer to simply keep the speed constant (or use rational tempo should the need arise) and shorten the frames to 48 or 96 rows, to get that 3/4 or 6/8 time effect.

edit: somebody tell me how to bbcode aaahhhh

Return to “General Talk”