Import text doesn't show the songs

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
DRW

Import text doesn't show the songs

Postby DRW » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 am

When I import a text file into FamiTracker ("File", "Import text"), then the songs are not shown in the drop down box. When I save the file as an FTM file and re-open it, then the songs are there again.

A similar thing happens when I already have a file loaded in FamiTracker and then use the "Import text" functionality: The songs of the old file will still be shown.

In both cases, the correct list of the songs is also loaded as soon as I open the drop down box and choose one of the (incorrectly named) songs.

The problem only occurs with the "Import text" function. Opening an FTM file immediately updates the song names.

Stratelier

Re: Import text doesn't show the songs

Postby Stratelier » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:39 am

Sounds like the dropdown box isn't being refreshed upon import. Question - after doing a text import, what do you see in the Module Properties dialog?

DRW

Postby DRW » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 am

The module properties dialog box shows the correct values. And as soon as that dialog box is opened, the songs drop down is updated as well.

Oh, by the way, the left "box" where all the frames of the song are shown isn't updated either when importing a text file. (But the list of the instruments on the right is.)
And in this case, this left box isn't even updated when the module properties dialog is opened.
For the frames box to be updated, you either need to open the songs drop down and choose one entry. Or you need to move the mouse into the box. (Even without clicking.) Then it updates as well.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:15 pm

Good, then it really is just an issue of the UI not updating properly after a text import. What version of FT are you running, btw?
Last edited by Stratelier on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DRW

Postby DRW » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 pm

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:25 am

Can anyone confirm if this still happens in the 0.5 beta versions?

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am

It does not. It looks like all of the issues mentioned in this thread so far are addressed in the beta.

Return to “Bug Reports”