speed range bug

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
rainmoonk

speed range bug

Postby rainmoonk » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 pm

In demosong for famitracker v0.4.6 - Class_fluidvolt-The_Gusts_of_Aeolus in pattern 1F i found a bug: speed range between values F00-F14, and values F15-F1F change tempo.

Dr. Merio

Re: speed range bug

Postby Dr. Merio » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 pm

I'm not sure if the author intended it to be like that initially, but you could try changing the speed/tempo split point (do this pressing Ctrl+Shift+S, I don't know any other ways to do it). Maybe that's how they intended it to be heard?
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm

this is the intended behavior of the Fxx command

likely the author of the .ftm intended it to be so unless otherwise stated

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:59 am

Dr. Merio wrote:(do this pressing Ctrl+Shift+S, I don't know any other ways to do it).

Since it's FTM-specific and FTM-wide, it should get included on the Module Properties dialog for easier access.

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 am

Wow there is so much ignorance in this thread. That ftm was made during democompo#2 and during that time, the latest build of FT had it's cutoff point where Fxx stops being "speed' and starts being "tempo" at 0x20 instead of today's build which uses 20. When that standard changed, FT did not implement any way to ensure backwards compatibility for any module that happened to use F14 and above (well it tries but it gets it wrong).

Unfortunately this Fxx split point setting isn't accessible anywhere normally in FT. You could find the correct thing to hexedit, or go to File>Export text and then change the line that says #SPLIT to become 32. Then import it back. Then the module will be using the settings the author intended.
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

Return to “Bug Reports”