Sound stuttering when connected to TV?

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
ShrubRustle

Sound stuttering when connected to TV?

Postby ShrubRustle » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 pm

So, I sometimes hook up my laptop to my TV via HDMI, just because i can, and I like using a big screen, but for some reason, at least sometimes, when I do this, Famitracker doesn't run smoothly. It stutters, to a degree that I can't just ignore. Is this something I can fix?

I mean, i'm not stupid, I know that it's probably that my shitty computer can't handle being hooked up to a TV via HDMI very well, but still, if there's any sort of fix, that'd be great.
I like to pretend I know what I'm doing. My SoundCloud

8BitZtunerYT

Re: Sound stuttering when connected to TV?

Postby 8BitZtunerYT » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:55 pm

Tried to increase the Buffer Lenght?
slowly ceasing to exist.
"8BitZ caresses his keyboard as he orgasms to the sounds of Winamp."
-retrodpc, 2015

ollaxe

Re: Sound stuttering when connected to TV?

Postby ollaxe » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Either it's stuttering because your computer isn't able to handle two monitors, or it might be because your TV has a built in computer soundcard that is worse than your computer's. Try changing the audio device when connected to the TV right clicking the speaker icon in the bottom right corner, then go to playback devices and make your computer's sound card (the one that's powering your headphones and speakers) to be the standard audio device. If this doesn't fix it, try changing the screen resolution in the control panel (or if you're using Windows 10, the settings app). These instructions are for Windows 7 to 10. If you're using XP, then you can try these things too, but you'll have to find the settings yourself.
Here's my YouTube channel, my soundcloud page and my website. Some of these are emptier than others, but still.

Return to “Bug Reports”