The Dxx Effect

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
Infini

The Dxx Effect

Postby Infini » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:37 am

So I was trying to make a Rockman Shadow Boss theme and I was just finishing up when I realized the Dxx effect wasn't working the way it was supposed to. I was trying to make it go to 02 when it went to 00.

here's the troubled .ftm:
Attachments
mistaken_anomaly.ftm
(5.64 KiB) Downloaded 31 times

Doc2211

Re: The Dxx Effect

Postby Doc2211 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:08 pm

That's because if you use a variable other than 00 to the dxx effect, it skips a few extra rows. Replace d02 with d00 and it'll go to the first row rather than the third. If you use bxx instea, it'll skip to the start of a frame you select with the variables
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering.

soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/soundsync5000

Infini

Postby Infini » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Ah, Thank you! I read it and changed the about the Bxx effect. It works just fine now! Thank you.

Drillimation

Postby Drillimation » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Here's some advice for using the Dxx effect: the Dxx effect can only be used to skip to the next pattern. Try D00.
It's the Drillimation Guy!
Musical influences come from Skaven of Future Crew and ZUN.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 pm

^ (Captain Obvious alert.)

There are almost never any actual cases where you need a Dxx with a nonzero parameter, nonetheless it is available if one of those happens. Typically it's just used to cut a frame shorter than the standard length; by contrast, Bxx is typically used only to separate an introductory segment from the main song loop.

Return to “Bug Reports”