VRC7 issues

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
FloppyDisk

VRC7 issues

Postby FloppyDisk » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:32 pm

Sometimes when a VRC7 song repeats, the timing of the instruments seem off for some reason.
It isn't so noticeable when the speed of a song's speed is slow, but you can definitely hear it when a song is fast.
Is this an error, or is it just an accurate emulation of the actual hardware?
Don't copy that floppy!

I have a Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvooz ... NbuSAKbn5w
There's pretty much nothing there, but y'know, just in case.

Drillimation

Re: VRC7 issues

Postby Drillimation » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:10 pm

The VRC7 will not sound right if you have more than two custom instruments. You can only have one custom instrument.
It's the Drillimation Guy!
Musical influences come from Skaven of Future Crew and ZUN.

Shywolf

Postby Shywolf » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:06 am

FloppyDisk wrote:Sometimes when a VRC7 song repeats, the timing of the instruments seem off for some reason.
It isn't so noticeable when the speed of a song's speed is slow, but you can definitely hear it when a song is fast.
Is this an error, or is it just an accurate emulation of the actual hardware?

Are you using one of the 0.5.0 betas? Possibly your issue has to do with a certain delay bug that was reported for some of them?

If so, maybe check the latest 0.5.0 beta (5), 0CC-FT, or FT 0.4.6 (if possible) and see if the timing is still off?

FloppyDisk

Postby FloppyDisk » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:56 pm

The VRC7 will not sound right if you have more than two custom instruments. You can only have one custom instrument.

I can only have one? That sucks.
Are you using one of the 0.5.0 betas? Possibly your issue has to do with a certain delay bug that was reported for some of them?

Yes, I'm using the beta. I'll try the updated version now.

Thanks for the help!
Don't copy that floppy!

I have a Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbvooz ... NbuSAKbn5w
There's pretty much nothing there, but y'know, just in case.

Return to “Bug Reports”