0CC-Famitracker N163 waveform limit (validation)?

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
jimbo1qaz

0CC-Famitracker N163 waveform limit (validation)?

Postby jimbo1qaz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:51 am

0cc-Famitracker allows me to create up to 0x40 (64) waveforms in one N163 instrument. It doesn't complain when I save it. When validation is turned to Official or above, it returns an error when I load the file:

"N163 wave count out of range: expected [1,16], got 20
At instrument 00,
At address 0x1F in INSTRUMENTS block,
address 0x12E in file"

At first, I was scared and thought the file was corrupted. Is this intentional?

TheJuanCarlos64

Re: 0CC-Famitracker N163 waveform limit (validation)?

Postby TheJuanCarlos64 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:01 am

What are talking about of 0CC-FT Forum?

The Awnser is NO!
Last edited by TheJuanCarlos64 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's me! JonKaruzu

w7n

Re: 0CC-Famitracker N163 waveform limit (validation)?

Postby w7n » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:45 am

No, the question is, rather:
Why still care about 'validating' it, when both the official and the forum are already near dead?

With a validation level above official, the program checks if the FTM is compatible with the official.

Again about the no 0CC FTMs rule:
'(FT official) is not a dead project, and therefore forks should be kept separate from the main program as much as possible, starting with the music sharing forums.' Well, it is practically a dead project now so the statement has already turned invalid.
nsf.nesbbs.com under reconstruction, better player might be available in the future.

VRC6 PWM is GAY because it has colours of the rainbow in the NSFPlay keyboard visualizer.

Return to “Bug Reports”