Muffled Channel

Please post about bugs here.
Forum rules
When making a bug report, please try to be as specific as possible. Include information on how to reproduce the bug and an example file if possible.
If the application crashed, please include the generated memory dump file as well.
Paragraph

Muffled Channel

Postby Paragraph » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:18 am

I don't know if this would be considered a bug or not, since I don't know whether or not there is a fix to it. Whenever I replay a certain frame in a song I'm working on, all channels get muffled until next frame, and it happens every time I play it. The only way I can get a channel to play properly is when I play only one channel and have the rest of them muted. Anyone know what this could be?

Here's a video I took of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaW92WUVyZw

Edit: I just realized I should probably include more information, so I'll do so as far as I think would be relevant. My audio uses Realtek High Definition Audio. For 2A03 instruments 00 to 03, the instrument number is what I have the instruments "Duty/Noise" set to. I also tried exporting as WAV, and it muffles in the WAV file.

Teuthida

Re: Muffled Channel

Postby Teuthida » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:31 am

What you have going on is not a channel bug, but a separate issue entire known as clashing. Because the 2A03's sound is based on simple waves, when two or more waves play the same note, they muffle each other. You can mitigate this by either designing your song to avoid these clashing notes or by using the Pxx effect to make them chorus instead of clash.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

PinoBatch

Re: Muffled Channel

Postby PinoBatch » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:13 am

A previous topic about this "clashing" or "phasing" behavior is Duty cycle changes when two channels play same note.
If MMC5/VRC6 is a crutch, then VRC7 is a wheelchair ♿

Return to “Bug Reports”