Comment & Row Highlight

Post about feature requests here.
aishi

Comment & Row Highlight

Postby aishi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:43 am

Hey jsr,

I don't know if this has been requested before, but would it be possible to be able to manually mark frames with another color? This would be for the purpose of marking mixed meter pieces, or even mark the start of a new part of the piece/song. Perhaps there could be a quick short-cut to make this marking.

Edit: I think it would be helpful if you could also type a comment into each row highlight so when you hover over the row number with your mouse a comment could appear. This would also be helpful for giving people feedback on tracks.
Last edited by aishi on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

HertzDevil

Re: 3rd Row Highlight

Postby HertzDevil » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:05 am

What you are suggesting is not a "3rd row highlight" at all; a third row highlight simply adds another layer of highlights to the 1st and 2nd, whereas what you want (the ability to mark frames) would be analogous to pattern separators in S3M or IT modules. Bookmarks in the next version of 0CC-FamiTracker do this, and they also allow quick navigation. They also do alter the row highlight settings on the fly, allowing mixed meter tracks to be marked as such; the entire bookmark system could be ported to the official build (of course this means giving up the "bookmark" introduced in 0.5.0 beta, or representing it in another way).
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

aishi

Re: 3rd Row Highlight

Postby aishi » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:28 pm

HertzDevil wrote:What you are suggesting is not a "3rd row highlight" at all; a third row highlight simply adds another layer of highlights to the 1st and 2nd, whereas what you want (the ability to mark frames) would be analogous to pattern separators in S3M or IT modules. Bookmarks in the next version of 0CC-FamiTracker do this, and they also allow quick navigation. They also do alter the row highlight settings on the fly, allowing mixed meter tracks to be marked as such; the entire bookmark system could be ported to the official build (of course this means giving up the "bookmark" introduced in 0.5.0 beta, or representing it in another way).

Well thanks for the info, though I know jsr would know how to appropriately handle/interpret my request.

Return to “Feature Requests”