Add compatibility with media controls

Post about feature requests here.
ollaxe

Add compatibility with media controls

Postby ollaxe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:58 pm

There's probably a big chance you've got a keyboard with media control buttons. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to use those buttons to control famitracker's playback and current song, even when the program is not active (aka "in focus")? I think that would be really great for listening to my own and other people's soundtracks while doing homework or programming.
Here's my YouTube channel, my soundcloud page and my website. Some of these are emptier than others, but still.

Roflo

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 am

One could develop a program which listens for these buttons and notifies the famitracker process.

ollaxe

Re: Add compatibility with media controls

Postby ollaxe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 am

Oh yeah, like sync-play or whatever it was called does. Don't know if the functions and/or variables to switch songs are available for other programs to use though.
Here's my YouTube channel, my soundcloud page and my website. Some of these are emptier than others, but still.

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Have a look at https://github.com/techel/Famitracker-Control-with-Media-Keys. There's a bin directory containing the executable. When launched, it stays in the background, waits for the Play/Pause/Stop media control keys and notifies any instance of Famitracker. It does successfully work with Famitracker 0.4.6 and 0.5b.

ollaxe

Postby ollaxe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Awesome! Will check this out when I get home. Thanks!

Return to “Feature Requests”