Delete key vs. backspace

Post about feature requests here.
Dr. Merio

Re: Delete key vs. backspace

Postby Dr. Merio » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:25 am

Stratelier wrote:Has anyone seen any case where pulling up all rows between cursor and end of frame is a desirable thing? Because I haven't...

Because it appears the world rotates around you.

Just to let you know about it, I (and probably many others) use that feature often.
My current avatar is why we need bigger avatars. >:C
Check out my YouTube channel!
[Dropbox (my FT stuff)]

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:30 am

My workflow rorates around me, true enough, but that's hardly unique now is it?

Dr. Merio wrote:Just to let you know about it, I use that feature often.

Thank you for sharing. No sarcasm here, either.

...by the way, what's the default setting on that option anyway?

HertzDevil wrote:That is like saying "Has anyone seen any case where pulling up all characters between cursor and end of line is a desirable thing?" for text editors.

What about spreadsheets?

And there's still a difference between Delete and Backspace: Delete advances the cursor forward by the step value where Backspace does not.

FamicomForever wrote:is control-z not a reflex for anyone?

lol. :)
Last edited by Stratelier on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

HertzDevil

Postby HertzDevil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 am

Are you suggesting that text editors form a subclass of spreadsheets and spreadsheets do not form a subclass of text editors?

Are you referring to the behaviour of the "Clear field" key from the configuration menu when one uses the ModPlug Tracker edit style?
Last edited by HertzDevil on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:36 am

HertzDevil wrote:Are you suggesting that text editors form a subclass of spreadsheets and spreadsheets do not form a subclass of text editors?

No, just that different apps have different designs. E.g. if I'm deleting contents from a cell in a spreadsheet, do I expect other cells to get shifted around to fill in what I just deleted? Nope, the spreadsheet has a reason to keep them right where they were.

Xyz

Postby Xyz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:20 am

If you are deleting contents one would presume you are pressing the Delete key
>:( Fuck you hentai boy i hate you squid anus

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:53 am

Xyz wrote:If you are deleting contents one would presume you are pressing the Delete key

Yeah, I could be navigating on a spreadsheet level (from cell to cell), or I could be editing a text entry in a specific cell (in which context the app responds like a text editor).

jrlepage
Forum Staff

Postby jrlepage » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:23 am

I have to admit I'm getting more than fed up with your incessant, inane, selfish feature requests (as well as the "I want this therefore everyone should" attitude). I used to get a laugh out of them – and the fact you've somehow managed to pull 20 of them out of your ass within barely a year of being on the forums – but now I think I speak for everyone when I say enough is enough.

This probably won't happen, like at least 95 % of your previous requests, so I guess I'll just go ahead and lock this, and save us all a loooooot of shitposting.
Follow me on Twitter.

Return to “Feature Requests”