Transpose Multiple Frames

Post about feature requests here.
wispybowl

Transpose Multiple Frames

Postby wispybowl » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Is there any sort of feature that would allow me to transpose multiple frames at the same time? Like, say I finish writing the entire bass track on the sawtooth channel and I copy it to the triangle channel. I then want to transpose the triangle channel up two octaves on every frame. Is there a quick way to do that? Going through every frame one by one is very time consuming and monotonous, especially with longer songs.
I have no signature.

HertzDevil

Re: Transpose Multiple Frames

Postby HertzDevil » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:51 pm

In 0CC-FamiTracker enable multi-frame selections and then select Edit -> Select -> Channel.

A number of 0CC-FT users say that they are never accustomed to allowing selection to span across frames; it is also dangerous when operating with very large selections and skip effects. However, several trackers offer a separate transpose feature; for example, in MilkyTracker one could transpose an entire channel (it cannot select only a number of patterns in one channel), or all channels in the entire track, while also allowing the user to optionally filter the note range or instrument range.

If FamiTracker is going to add a full track transpose feature it would skip the noise channel and DPCM, making it functionally different from transposing all patterns.
refactoring 0cc-famitracker

Return to “Feature Requests”