Improve the import dialog

Post about feature requests here.
Threxx

Improve the import dialog

Postby Threxx » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:59 pm

The dialog to import other FTM's songs and instruments into another is currently somewhat basic. It checks off all the songs by default, and you only have options to import all or none of the instruments from the FTM in question.

I suggest two improvements:

Have all songs be unchecked by default, and add a "Select All" option for those who wish to import all the songs on an FTM. This will make it easier for those who have FTM's with many songs, but only wish to import a few.
    Include an option to select which instruments you would like to import from an FTM. This way, instruments that are shared between FTMs are not duplicated upon import, which uses up the allotted instrument slots.

Stratelier

Re: Improve the import dialog

Postby Stratelier » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:21 pm

And, while it's perfectly respectable that you can't import a different chip type from the current project, we should always be able to import a pure 2A03 FTM regardless of what chip the current project has.

Overlord99

Postby Overlord99 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:39 am

Stratelier wrote:And, while it's perfectly respectable that you can't import a different chip type from the current project, we should always be able to import a pure 2A03 FTM regardless of what chip the current project has.

I've been waiting for someone to bring this up.

Stratelier

Postby Stratelier » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:23 am

And technically not the first time I've said it. I imagine some chips can potentially be converted to others (like non-DPCM MMC5 -> VRC6) but that would be an ... involved process.

Also, the option for importing instruments should have three settings instead of just on/off:

1 - Don't import instruments
2 - Required instruments only (i.e. ones in use by selected song(s))
3 - All instruments

Return to “Feature Requests”