The Sounds?

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
Yung Gotenks

The Sounds?

Postby Yung Gotenks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:42 am

I was just curious, where did jsr get all the sounds for the different duty cycles, or did he somehow create them %100 accurately.
EDIT:
Also, since i already made a thread here, how would i add more channels to a already existing chip? Example: Triangle Channel or That Extra PCM Channel to the MMC5.
Fun fact: My username here is the same as my youtube channel!
Check it out.

LunuLeaf

Re: The Sounds?

Postby LunuLeaf » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Well, you cannot add extra channels to a soundchip (exept for the Namco chip), but I have heard, that HertzDevil's SnevenTracker will have this channel adding to a chip.

Here is an example for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N7ym-jQNUg
(If you are interested in SnevenTracker, HertzDevil made a link in his comments where you can download a (test)build of it)

For your other question,I am not sure if I am right, I think jsr just made the soundwave for the cycles in the chips, for example V01 in Pulse 1/2 in 2A03 has a change in the soundwave at 25 %, V02 at 50 %.

Yung Gotenks

Postby Yung Gotenks » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:37 pm

LunuLeaf wrote:Well, you cannot add extra channels to a soundchip (exept for the Namco chip), but I have heard, that HertzDevil's SnevenTracker will have this channel adding to a chip.

No like, add channels as in messing around with the code.
Fun fact: My username here is the same as my youtube channel!
Check it out.

LunuLeaf

Postby LunuLeaf » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:31 pm

If I didn't completely missunderstand, you want to edit the source code of FamiTracker, so when adding for example the MMC5-Chip to your FTM, you have next to the two MMC5 pulse channels one extra DPCM channel.

Sorry, but I don't even know if that's possible, because I haven't even looked on the source code of FamiTracker, but for a secound triangle you could make a Namco or FDS instrument, which has a triangle pattern as the wave.

There was also a thread one year ago, where a similar question came up, maybe it can help you out.
http://forums.famitracker.com/viewtopic.php?t=1871

Teuthida

Postby Teuthida » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

If you really want to use multiple channels, just download OpenMPT or something and you can have as many channels as you like.
A squid with a higher post count than the NES can handle.

I'm on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX87jJAJ3LPezjkWIk2TWEg

Return to “Source and development”