NSF Driver from FamiTracker 0.4.6

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
HertzDevil

NSF Driver from FamiTracker 0.4.6

Postby HertzDevil » Sat May 23, 2015 3:59 am

The download link at this page still refers to the version used in FamiTracker 0.4.4 (for nearly 9 months already), so I reverse-engineered the changes between the latest ASM source code and the actual precompiled NSF drivers present in the FamiTracker 0.4.6 source code. Simply define VER_046 while compiling from the source in cc65.

As far as I know, the new NSF driver fixes certain uneven BPM values at standard tempo, and resets the 0xy effect's phase every time a new note is triggered.
Attachments
ftdrv_of_v046.rar
(26.8 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Constructing Chiptune; Construing 8-Bit. Makes 0CC-FamiTracker and MEGA ZUN.

Join my forum for 0CC-FamiTracker discussion and more

Wabah

Re: NSF Driver from FamiTracker 0.4.6

Postby Wabah » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 pm

how do I install this?

Threxx

Postby Threxx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Wabah wrote:how do I install this?

This is not to be "installed". This is a demonstration of the source code that goes into the FT NSF driver, which is already in the program.

B00daW

Postby B00daW » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:15 pm

Pretty sure jsr would have provided access to the source code eventually. People work in different manners and at different paces. It's good to keep bridges strong between like-minds.

I don't have an issue with you doing it, but I'm also not the lead developer of FamiTracker.

You're a passionate and intelligent person, HertzDevil. It's not exactly my place to say this, and I apologize in advance, but perhaps jsr would just like a little more tact from you.

This is coming from a place where I understand that it will not be the best transition to start off, but ultimately it's in the best interest of the project to allow for an intellectual merger with jsr being senior project manager and HertzDevil being lead programmer.

Return to “Source and development”