How hard would Android Famitracker be?

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
Quirby64

How hard would Android Famitracker be?

Postby Quirby64 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:43 am

Something I saw before on the old forum on the couple of times I was on there, but the thread title is basically the question.
What would you need to do to get Famitracker on Android? I don't know why I'm asking specifically because I can't code, but maybe someone could do the idea.
Dank Memes. That's all I got.

Sky Yoshi

Re: How hard would Android Famitracker be?

Postby Sky Yoshi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:44 am

Run FamiTracker on Android? I guess we must see that is Android capable to run Windows application or Windows OS?
I think there was an application to run Windows file on IPhone.
I guess? It's just Vurtual Machine on IPhone! How Wonderful! (You can see the Computer Screen on IPhone and you can controll it.)
That means, it's possible to run FamiTracker on the IPhone!
But I don't know that Android is capable to do that.
I remenber when my friend (No tnow it's my bully now) using the Android to run a Mac Application named... I forgot but it was some kind a music player or something.
It was Mac interface so, it's possible to run Mac.
My dad using the IPad to run DOS or CentOS (Linux).
It seems that it's quite possible.
I'm not a maniac about those kind a stuff and I hate programs. (I do ROMhacks but, that's another story.)
So, that's what all I got about that.
Hey, isn't me saying diferent things that has nothing to do with this thread? If I was, really sorry...
I'm Sky Yoshi and I'm a Japanese Tracker.
I am back from 5 months of absent!
Check out my Links to see what I do!
Do you wanna be pointless? Click here!

Roflo

Postby Roflo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:25 pm

There is a 'get famitracker to 3ds'-thread here on this forum, have a look at it.

cpow

Postby cpow » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:11 am

Well. Qt builds to Android last I checked. But just as with the 3DS thread, I lack any Android hardware to target and "give it a try". And no, I'm not about to go buy an Android tablet [unless one can be had for under $25?] just for kicks.

Speaking, specifically, from the standpoint of getting the Qt port of Famitracker working in Android. NOT from the standpoint of running it as a Windows program on top of Android. If that sort of thing is possible.

sirocyl

Postby sirocyl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:36 am

An older android tablet can be had for around that cheaply, but you'd need to track down older SDK's, and it's not a guarantee that Qt will run well on it.
Capable, cheap Android smartphones are available; although they're cheap chinese things, they typically pack a gig of RAM, baseline-to-midrange GPU, and quad core CPU's.

If your computer supports hardware virtualization (Most since 2008 do), you might want to try Android on an emulator such as the one included in the SDK, or even try Android-x86 on an old PC/laptop, if you need the feel of real hardware.

Currently, it would be nearly impossible to get FT running on top of Windows inside of Android, unless you have an Intel-powered phone with hardware virtualization and custom kernel/ROM or unlocked bootloader support - and even then, it would be difficult to attempt and laggy, and probably missing sound.

supernovamfgg

Postby supernovamfgg » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 am

What I've know about Android so far is that most of them run on a different CPU architecture (ARM) contrasting to what most PC and Macs run on (x86).

However I am developing an Android/iOS app (8Tones) that makes MMC5 (sorta) like chiptune and yesterday I've managed to export contents from my app to a text file where Famitracker can import them.

Of course my app have limitations on effect/instruments and there's some major difference between my 8Tones app and Famitracker.

However if you're interested, here's my topic about it:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1946

Quirby64

Postby Quirby64 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:53 am

>tfw you forget to reply to your own thread
cpow, if you know that QT will compile to android, I can always test it on my Samsung Tablet.
oh and supernova, your 8tones app I've actually tried and it's pretty good. It's cool that you were able to do it in Game Maker : o
Dank Memes. That's all I got.

Return to “Source and development”