An ambitious idea for a FamiTracker mod orientating various sound chips

Questions and information regarding the source & NSF driver.
JohnLeagsdurg

An ambitious idea for a FamiTracker mod orientating various sound chips

Postby JohnLeagsdurg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:55 pm

I may not be posting any more modules here now that i'm still doing FamiTracker stuff but actually making them privately as my common practice. I passed to 0CC-FamiTracker long time ago and this confirms the reason why i am not posting modules here, but i've been thinking of making a (yet ambitious) FamiTracker mod that replaces the Ricoh 2A03 (and the other expansion chips for the NES) into a average collection of sound chips. It may be hard, and i don't even know about C++. If i were to know about it, i'd love to modify the FT code just to place the sound chips i want! :L

HertzDevil

Re: An ambitious idea for a FamiTracker mod orientating various sound chips

Postby HertzDevil » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 am

We have Game Gear support already, and it will support at least 3 more sound chips on the way, so this really is not as ambitious as you tend to think.

the problem is making anything in the tracker takes 120% ~ 200% more time than needed when said fork is based on vanilla ft rather than 0cc-ft
Constructing Chiptune; Construing 8-Bit. Makes 0CC-FamiTracker and MEGA ZUN.

Join my forum for 0CC-FamiTracker discussion and more

JohnLeagsdurg

Re: An ambitious idea for a FamiTracker mod orientating various sound chips

Postby JohnLeagsdurg » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:40 pm

HertzDevil wrote:We have Game Gear support already, and it will support at least 3 more sound chips on the way, so this really is not as ambitious as you tend to think.

the problem is making anything in the tracker takes 120% ~ 200% more time than needed when said fork is based on vanilla ft rather than 0cc-ft

Hey, it's been a long time you updated Sneventracker, wonder why haven't you been continuing yet?

Return to “Source and development”