Aetheria [2a03]

Post your original music here and receive feedback.
Forum rules
This area is dedicated for original music, please do not post covers here.
The Caller

Aetheria [2a03]

Postby The Caller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 am

Just a very simple and chill theme I made out of boredom. Fit for an air level, or something like that. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, enjoy. And feedback is welcome.

(also, I finished this in under 40 minutes, so don't expect anything spectacular.)
Attachments
Aetheria [2a03].ftm
(57.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

meegosh

Re: Aetheria [2a03]

Postby meegosh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Cool song. I initially wasn't feeling the counterpoint between the square waves but after one or two loops through I was digging it. The hihat noise tends to mimic the pulses of the kick drum throughout the song. One thing I would maybe try in certain spots is have the hihat more-or-less play straight quarter notes while the kick and snare do their thing to potentially mix up the feel a bit. Nice work.

The Caller

Re: Aetheria [2a03]

Postby The Caller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:51 pm

meegosh wrote:Cool song. I initially wasn't feeling the counterpoint between the square waves but after one or two loops through I was digging it. The hihat noise tends to mimic the pulses of the kick drum throughout the song. One thing I would maybe try in certain spots is have the hihat more-or-less play straight quarter notes while the kick and snare do their thing to potentially mix up the feel a bit. Nice work.

If I'm completely honest, I didn't really try with this song. It's kind of lazy, if I'm completely honest. But thanks for the criticism.

Return to “Original Music”